when to remove

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by egcruise, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egcruise

egcruise Guest

My question is, I am not sure when to remove my old drive?

I ran acronis true image 8 on my computer. I am trying to replace a non system drive with a new drive. when the the computer restarts and shows the message acronis complete it loads into windows and asks to restart in order for changes to take effect.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello egcruise,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

"I ran acronis true image 8 on my computer. I am trying to replace a non system drive with a new drive. when the the computer restarts and shows the message acronis complete it loads into windows and asks to restart in order for changes to take effect." - Please shut down your computer after you see this message and replace your hard disk drive with a cloned one.

Thank you.

3. egcruise

egcruise Guest

Re: when to remove - PLEASE HELP ME

I have a 12 gb system pm drive, a 80 gb program files slave drive and a new SATA 200 gb cs drive in my computer. I am trying to replace the 80 gb drive with the new SATA 200 gb drive.

Now, when the computer restarts and states acronis is complete, I turned my computer off and disconected the old 80 gb drive restarting the computer freezes on the bios splash screen and will not boot. If I don't remove the old drive the computer boots into windows and asks to reboot in order for changes to take effect.

Should I have removed the old drive after the computer boots into windows and asks to reboot in order for changes to take effect, then shutdown and remove the drive?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: when to remove - PLEASE HELP ME

Just want to say that this issue has been resolved over the MSN messenger.

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.