6mths free for Kaspersky fan/

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by n1g3lng, Nov 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n1g3lng

n1g3lng Registered Member

Hi all,

Did anyone (ANZ only) notices that in recent PC-Authority mag, a 6-months free Kaspersky 5 Personal is included? :D :D

Nigel

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

3. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

How come Kaspersky doesn't have any great deals going on Microsoft? F-Secure Internet Security is offered at MS for ONE YEAR for one-half price! That is a steal! Bunch of other great deals but NOD32 and Kaspersky are conspicously absent.

4. izi

izi Registered Member

Mele20!

Did you buy KAV?

5. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

No, I didn't. The only reason is that 4.5 personal has a very tiny font for the GUI and I was barely able to read it. Since 4.5 allows for so much tweaking of settings (which I love) I would be spending more time looking at a tiny font than with less configurable AVs. The font used for 5.0 is much better and easier to read things but 5.0 had the awful ADS and too many other problems. If I could have 4.5 with 5.0 font size on the GUI that would have been just right and I would have bought it.

6. n1g3lng

n1g3lng Registered Member

They do have on that cover discs (the one I mentioned). A discount 30% is offered.

Nigel

7. ?gfds

?gfds Guest

hahaah F-secure sale 2004 version via Microsoft ....

E-Trust offer 1 year for free if you buy 1 year but nobody want them..

8. If you buy Defender Pro 10 in one, for $29.99 at Wal Mart, you'll be buying KAV 5, The KAV Firewall, and other goodies for a VERY low price...

9. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

No, it is F-Secure Internet Security 2005 at MS. Six months for free. I installed it yesterday and uninstalled a half hour later. It took OVER ONE HOUR to install on a 3ms cable connection! I guess F Secure doesn't have a USA server. After it FINALLY installed and I could look at the settings, it is crippled! You cannot change any of the important settings!!! I was disgusted. So, off it came and I had to reboot several times after I uninstalled it as the boot would hang.

10. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

But that is only for users in Australia, correct?

11. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As far as I know yes, and probably NZ as well...

Cheers :D

12. Siro

Siro Registered Member

Kaspersky being offered free for 6 months is a good opportunity for those people to test it out and its virus detecting abilities the best AV on the market will even get better with future releases.Mags should be releasing 1 yr free licenses :D

13. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

Re: 6mths free for Kaspersky fan/Defender Pro 2005

Thanks for the tip! I purchased Defender Pro 2005 (FW, AV & Spam) at local Office Max for $9.98 after $10 instant rebate. This includes updates. The AV program is 5.0.121, the FW is 1.5.119 and the Anti-Spam is SpamCatcher by Mailshell.

14. cswake

cswake Registered Member

I have a few questions about the version of Kaspersky in the Defender Pro 2005 package:
    1. Is it Personal or Personal Pro?
    2. Does it have a year's worth of definition updates?
    3. Does it have a year's worth of program updates?
    4. Is it a stand-alone Kaspersky copy? Or is it rebadged under some sort of Defender Pro platform?
    Thanks!

15. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

http://www.defender-pro.com/ is their website.

I believe the product is Kaspersky Personal AV & license is for one year. KAV's logo appears on both the AV & the FW screens of Defender Pro & their refer to licensed from Kaspersky. Beyond that I am not sure about details. The price was an important factor to me. It performs well on my Dell P3 1.0Ghz with 512 MB, and not as much of a noticeable effect on peformance as some of the others I have trialed.

Be interested in any other info you come up with.

16. cswake

cswake Registered Member

Have you noticed whether the definition and program updates come directly from Kaspersky? Or do they have to be rebadged and put onto the Defender servers before distribution? (Which would lead to a costly delay :/) *edit* Anyone mind posting up screenshots for the interface?

17. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

From the pic the firewall looks like KAH . Maybe the KAV is the real thing or perhaps the 4.5 similar to KAV Extendia , which works great any ways

18. RobZee

RobZee Registered Member

Maybe this screenshot will help. The program does update a couple of times a day, although I'm not sure from where. However, all the application programs shown in Window Explorer have file names of kav.exe, kavsend.exe, kavsvc.exe, etc.

Attached Files:

19. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

This is definitly Kaspersky Personal 5.

20. Hi all, it seems very good, of course it is KAV, just one question, is it posible to give it a try or I have to buy it first?
    Thanks

21. entropism

entropism Registered Member

I hate to bump an old thread, but Defender Pro is on sale at Officemax for $10, no rebates. I just picked up 2 copies

22. Unity

Unity Registered Member

It seems that this product isn't available in Europe :/

23. entropism

entropism Registered Member

if you go to www.defender-pro.com you can download the AV, firewall and antispam for $20 USD. They have a European office address, so I'm sure you can get it there.

24. Unity

Unity Registered Member

This site is confusing , when i click on the download button i have a new window with :

When i enter my info , a pop up asks for a name and a password ~~

Something is wrong here i guess :D

25. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

I have had no luck with this site either. nor have they responded to 2 emails that i sent a few weeks back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.