SMH question

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Chris12923, Nov 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Using ZAP 5.
    SMH enabled for zlclient.exe.
    right click on ZoneAlarm systray icon and choose shutdown ZoneAlarm Pro.
    click yes to the 'are you sure you want to quit' box.
    SMH box pops up.
    click cancel about 6 or 7 times and SMH box disappears and if you move your mouse to the ZAP systray icon it disappears as well.

EDIT: This also happens with nod32kui.exe. It also makes it crash as well.

I would think this should not happen. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited: Nov 4, 2004
  2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Chris, You need to train closures using the insert key as described. Study the SMH learning notes in the help file and posted in the Tips & Tricks thread post 12 on.
    Also what you describe is cancelling a shut down "cancel" using cancle when the HID appears If you wish to closedown you should click "OK to all" after filling in the HID
    T canclw any mistakes you make when training SMH simply diable the SMH protection and restart it.

HTH Pilli.

3. Chris12923

Thanks Pilli it worked for ZAP but with NOD32 if I click on the systray icon it opens up the control center I click quit while holding down insert and another box pops up asking if I am sure basically and I click yes still while holding insert the SMH box pops up and I hit cancel a couple times and NOD32 crashes and closes systray icon. Am I still doing something wrong?

EDIT: All is well now. Don't know what was different but it works. Thanks again Pilli!

Thanks,

Chris

4. Chris12923

Pilli,

All was well with the above apps but now when I try to use insert to keep Ewido from closing the guard when I right click on systray icon then choose shutdown guard or insert while clicking yes after that it still closes Ewido when you hit cancel to the SMH box. I added ewidoguard to the protection list manually. Any ideas? Again thanks for all your help.

Thanks,

Chris

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Tricky when an app opens another confirmation window, I would just use the insert on the confirmation window, as If the malware could get that far which is very doubtful then that would be the place to stop it.
    So disable SMH on NOD and try again just using Insert on the confirm closure button.
    It is very difficlt sometimes to know what sub-windows programs use and their closure methods. That is why it has taken so long for DCS to complete SMH development, no other program comes near :)
    In a way we will all have to learn from each other as you have already stated in an earlier thread.
    Hopefully with the help of all the ProcessGuard users it will not be too long before we can help with most programs.

HTH Pilli

6. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

You posted whilst I was posting back: No idea with Ewido as I do not use it but it may well have good closure protection like KAV.

Pilli

7. Chris12923

I will keep working on it. Thanks again!

Thanks,

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.