spywareblaster and spywareguard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by scott lang, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

yeah, i just wondered why, since i've had my blaster prg for some time now, cant i get the supposedly current updates from this month? it says it was successful in getting them but still shows back in july as the current def's. and also i just downloaded the guard prg. installed it but it gives me an error when i run the update. whats goin on with this stuff? i know it said it was a work in progress on the guard, apparently so, cuz i cant get the update for it. and i uninstalled it but i had to scan through the prg list to the folder and change the names of 2 files that did not remove and delete them. along with the folder 1 at a time. i guess i wont use the guard unless they figure out whats goin on with it and like i said, i want to know why i cant get current def's for blaster. i just went through a rigourus 12 hours of searching one by one of adware and spyware that got onto my computer and norton2004nis found but could not delete. i run adaware6 and spybot search and destroy1.3 and seem to do a better job of things than the blaster. i thought the blaster was supposed to keep the stuff from installing itself. my guess is, its because i dont have current def's. my database shows 3022 current. is there suppose to be more than that? or am i current? if so, then they need to get on the ball and update blaster, and get guard all ironed out too. i'd like to use guard with blaster but it wont do me any good if if errors when i update it. any suggestions out there?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi scott lang. :)

Welcome to Wilders.

I'll move your thread to the SpywareBlaster and other forum for better attention.

snowbound

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

spyware blaster and spybot s/d compliment each other very well. and spywareguard has not been updated for quite a while. as to why your spywareblaster hasn't updated I don't know but you can click the update tab in the program and if that does not work make sure it has permission in your firewall. and if that does not work you might consider uninstalling the program and then reinstall. It has worked in the past.

bigc

4. scott lang

well in the process of getting the guard i also redownloaded the blaster and i did uninstall it and reinstall it. and i ran the update. it says the same thing. update successful but it still shows july's date. with current database of 3022. now my nis2004 didnt come up and ask me for any permission to let it access the net. so i assume that with it not erroring on the update its ok . so what else can i look at?

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I think that your best bet is to let java cool or someone that knows more about this program try to give you some assistance. Sorry I couldn't help.

bigc

6. scott lang

well, thanks for the try. i hope someone out there sees this and can help me out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.