User name or password for remote resource is incorrect or selected device is inaccess

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by USU, Oct 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USU

USU Registered Member

I am running Acronis True Image Server 8.0 for Windows on a Windows 2003 Server. I am trying to schedule a backup to a shared drive on another computer through Windows file sharing. I have mapped a drive letter to the shared resource and I am able to access it by going to ‘My Computer’ and clicking on the drive letter. When I run True Image Server I can create a backup if I run it manually, although if I schedule the backup I receive an error when it runs and the log file states

“User name or password for remote resource X:\Dexter\dexterinc.tib is incorrect or selected device is inaccessible. Please re-type your user name and password, and check up, whether the selected device is connected.”

Any ideas on why this is occurring or how to fix it?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello USU,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/products/trueimage/).

Please accept our apologies for your inconvenience.

Please try to use the full UNC name of the shared drive, e.g. \\server\share.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

3. USU

USU Registered Member

Re: User name or password for remote resource is incorrect or selected device is inac

Thanks Andrew, that worked! I was trying to direct it to the mapped drive letter and directory.

I appreciate the quick reponse!

Excellent Product and Support!!!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: User name or password for remote resource is incorrect or selected device is inac

Well... the mapped drive should work too.

We have received messages from our customers describing this problem. However, we cannot reproduce it in our Testing Lab.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Andrew Berezovsky

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.