Spyware Blaster v1.1 released

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Paul Wilders, Nov 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

SpywareBlaster v1.1 is released. It includes some feature additions plus a much improved updater.

Users of version 1.0 MUST upgrade to v1.1 (when they click on the "Check For Updates" button in v1.0 they will be notified they have to download the new version).

regards.

paul

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

This should be one of the few times you will ever have to download the full install to get a program update. The new updater can download those for you (and they are much smaller than the full installer). :)

Regards,

-Javacool

P.S. Don't forget to check for updates after install! A database update is available for v1.1.

3. javacool

If you get an error when trying to install or run v1.1, make sure you have the latest version of the Visual Basic 6.0 run-times:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q290887

If anyone still has problems with SpywareBlaster after performing the above step, please feel free to contact me at javacoolsoftware@hotmail.com with complete information on any errors you receive, and when you receive them.

Regards,

-Javacool

Added URL tags

4. drahnier

drahnier Guest

install went fine, but when starting spywareblaster i get a "runtime error 339.

have installed vb runtime sp5, but did not help.

system: xp pro sp1 en

5. javacool

Are you provided with any more details on the error? Such as what file is missing? (run-time error 339 is associated with a missing dll file)

If it says you are missing mscomctl.ocx please check out this thread, where a link to download the file (and how to install it) is provided: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5112

Regards,

-Javacool

6. drahnier

drahnier Guest

thanks for your immediate answer.

i see i am not the only one: after copying mscomctl.ocx to systm32 folder everything is fine.

7. Paul Wilders

Database update availabe using the Updater.

regards.

paul

8. javacool

Database update - 11/27/02.

Grab it using the built-in updater.

Regards,

-Javacool

9. war59312

war59312 Registered Member

Thanks a lot m8s,
    Will

:cool:

10. Paul Wilders

Database update - 12/01/02.

regards.

paul

11. Paul Wilders

Database update available.

regards.

paul

12. I downloaded the new Spywareblaster, but when I tried the update button I get the message runtime erroe 372 failed to load your version of MSINET.OCX may be out of date. I have tried downloading a new MSINET.OCX but that didn't work. Any ideas :(

13. javacool

There are two methods to going about this. First, try downloading the version in my post at the top of this forum. ( http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=5169 ) Second, if that doesn't work, you could always rename the file to MSINET.XXX and immediately run the SpywareBlaster installer - it should copy the correct version to your system then.

Regards,

-Javacool

14. I have tried again to download as you suggest, but with no luck. When you say rename the file to MSINET.XXX, how do I do that, I'm sorry I am not very experienced with computers. o_O

15. javacool

Search your computer for MSINET.OCX. Most likely, the file will be located in the Windows\System (in Win 9x) or the Windows\System32 (in Windows NT, 2000, XP).

Once you find this file, right-click on it and select "rename" from the menu shown.

If the name highlighted is "MSINET" (without the ".OCX") you can change the name to "MSINETB".
    If the name highlighted is "MSINET.OCX", change it to "MSINET.XXX".

Then click anywhere else on the screen to make the change.

After the change is successful, run the SpywareBlaster v1.1 installer. It should now install the correct version of the file and allow you to use SpywareBlaster. :)

Regards,

-Javacool

16. Thank you for your help, everything is now working fine. I appreciate your patience :)

17. Prince_Serendip

Prince_Serendip Registered Member

:) Hi Javacool!

I am very pleased with this program! As such, it has an honored place at Gladiator Security Labs Forums in the ActiveX, Spywares and Dialers Thread. There are links there to this forum and for direct download of SpywareBlaster.exe.

I am also posting on the available updates as often as time permits. Keep up the good work!

(Oh, and Paul? Who finally won the "How to" competition? May I ask? If it were up to me, I'd choose Javacool. Clearly, he is a winner!) :cool:

Best regards from Larry :)

18. Paul Wilders

Hi Larry,

A bit off topic, but anyway:

Sure! I've won. One of the advantages from being an admin :D

Team members are excluded from competition (apart from one exception to the rule..). I do agree JC is doing a superb job - he is a winner. Alas, not from this particular contest though :D.

regards.

paul

19. I left a thank you earlier this week but it doesn't seem to have appeared. Thank you for your patience & help again in case you did not get the first one. :)

20. Paul Wilders

Database update available.

regards.

paul

21. Obbop

Obbop Guest

Why do I get the feeling that those using the program are guinea pigs for an alpha or beta release and that what is now free will, after the guinea pigs find all the bugs and they are worked out, will be issued as a pay-for programo_O?

I may be wrong but, past events makes one suspicious.

22. javacool

What past events are you talking about exactly? o_O

SpywareBlaster is and always will be 100% freeware. It has been bug-tested extensively before release.

-Javacool

23. Rosie

Rosie Guest

:mad: I can't download Spyware Blaster. It says it's not there! Help! I need it bad. Xupiter has taken over my computer!

24. javacool

Until the updater file on the server is fixed, get v2.0 from here: http://www.wilders.org/HTMLobj-1517/spywareblastersetup.exe

Best regards,

-Javacool

25. Vietnam Vet

Vietnam Vet Registered Member

OK, I give up, why do you feel that way? What past events are you referring to? Javacool is a class act from what I have seen. Seems to me that everyone that has asked for help, has had prompt attention. Perhaps, you think that because he helps people with the software, that automatically makes his behaviour suspicious? If all you have to offer is your cynical attitude without a reason that you can show instead of insinuating, why don't you back off and wait and see what happens?

By the way, if javacool decides to charge for his software at some point in the future, I fail to see what the problem is in that. I don't see why you feel that someone owes you something for nothing. Just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.