Avenue A

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by bevbarney1, Oct 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bevbarney1

bevbarney1 Registered Member

When I open Internet Explorer (default page is www.msn.com), I get the following message. Does anyone know what it means or how I can eliminte it from popping up each time? Spybot S&D Resident: Spybot S&D reports that you want to download 'Avenue A, Inc.'. This is a know threat. Do you want to bloack the download? I always check "yes" that I want to block but I would like to better understand why I am getting this message.

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

'Avenue A, Inc.' is simply a tracking cookie and Spybot alerts you for every individual attempt to load that cookie from any webpage using it.

A lot of people who use the active download protection in Spybot usually set it to 'block silently' so they don't have to click on that alert so often.

Open Spybot > press 'Immunize' button > see lower section regarding 'Browser Helper to block bad downloads...' > set drop down menu to 'Block all bad pages silently'

See also this:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=29719

3. bevbarney1

bevbarney1 Registered Member

Thanks you so much! That took care of my need of taking action each time I opened IE. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.