SpywareBlaster -- how to use

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Infidel, Nov 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infidel

Infidel Guest

Is it as simple as just running it once -- and selecting all the boxes? Will that automatically protect you against those spywares?

Then, every couple weeks, clicking on "Check for Definition Updates" and then selecting all the new one?

Seems too easy. :)

Am I missing somethingo_O?

Signed,

Hi IQ - low Common Sense.

2. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

You´ve got it all figured out. :) That´s how easy it is.
    You could always check here to see if you´ve missed on any updates since they will all be announced here.

Regards,

Pieter

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

You forgot clicking on the "Kill All Selected" button. ;)

But yes, that's all there is to it. :) (Although you may want to get updates more often then every couple weeks.)

Regards,

-Javacool

4. Pretender

Pretender Registered Member

More confused. Once the boxes are check marked and you run the kill all selected............do you then have to continue to run and kill the same periodically as you have done already? do they stay killed is what i'm trying to ask or could they come back on the system and need to be killed again? bob

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

They should stay killed. :) To verify, every time you start the program items that are killed will have checkmarks next to them already (don't uncheck any of these items - if you do, the kill bit is removed).

Regards,

-Javacool

6. Infidel

Infidel Guest

That's pretty easy. It's nice to use a program that doesn't have to be constantly running in the background. :cool:

7. zimm

zimm Guest

I'm a little puzzled. o_O One person said this program does not run in the 'background' yet it prevents spyware from installing?!
    If I check & kill all the programs listed, then shut down SpywareB, how is it protecting anything?
    Do I keep it active in the tool bar?
    Thanks,
    David

8. Pieter_Arntz

Pieter_Arntz Spyware Veteran

Hi zimm,

You don't have to keep it running in the background. As you can read here the program sets a "kill bit" for every ActiveX control belonging to Spyware that is in its definitions. This will keep these programs from installing and/or running.
    This is a bit awkward explanation: there is just no room for them, because Spywareblaster set it as occupied.
    I hope I was able to make that clear (and Javacool will forgive me the comparison :D )

Regards,

Pieter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.