SATA RAID 0/Promise 378 - It Works!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Red Barchetta, Oct 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta Registered Member

I just tried TI 8.0 Build 773. I was able to create an image and restore that image flawlessly. The backup image was stored on an external USB hard drive

I restored the image from within TI (not using a rescue CD.)

I had previouly had problems with Builds 771, 763. So far this one looks good.

Thanks Acronis Support for sticking with this problem!

:D

2. pauljess

pauljess Registered Member

The website shows Build 771 as the most recent available. How did you obtain Build 773?

3. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

That's Great Red!

But you need to have windows and ATI installed before you can do a restore?
    Will it work when booting from the rescue CD?
    Or are you able to boot from and do the restore from the USB HD? (in case your C: boot partition fails)

4. Red Barchetta

pauljess,

Acronis Support emailed me a link to that build as a reply to my request for technical support back in August. Hopefully they will post that build soon.

Devinco,

Tonight I will try to restore from a Rescue CD and I will post results.

5. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

I downloaded 773 and it (as well as 772) works with my SiI 3112a controller. However, 772 doesn't work with the Promise 378 controller as tested by 3iii.

6. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Scopacetic

I hope you do not think me rude or offensive by asking [Sorry in advance if so :-]], but you received your first build by a posted link by chance on the September 29th, and now you seem to bee getting all the latest builds. [lucky so so :eek:]

How or Where are you getting those Builds of Ti8 please? :mad: [ :D ]

And Please again. :blink:

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

7. Red Barchetta

Devinco,

I created a "rescue CD" using build 773. I was able to boot from the CD and restore 2 different .tib files. The first was a "pristine" image of my hard drive that I created with Build 763. The second was the Image I created with Build 773. Without verification the restore time was ~11 Minutes.

So far everything works. The TI version loaded by the rescue CD recognized my USB drive and my wireless Keyboard and wireless mouse.

The only thing that I have not tried is to read and write an image to/from a DVD or CD drive. That is not my backup strategy but if people are interested in that option, I'll give it a try.

8. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, Red Barchetta

Yes please Red DVD please, if you don't mind?

I always 2rd backup to DVD+RW [Had HDD go on me with 23 Images :'( ] for which I was glade I do. :D

Never trust only one media. :eek:

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

9. Red Barchetta

No Problem,

I'll try a DVD image Friday night and post results.

10. Devinco

Yes Red, if it is not too much trouble, please try to make an image (your pristine boot partition) to either CD or DVD and restore from CD or DVD.
    As the Quest mentioned, having an extra CD or DVD backup in an undisclosed location can come in handy when the USB HD eventually fails.

Thank you for your willingness to test out if it works. :)

11. Red Barchetta

Results on build 773 using DVD media:

No luck here. I tried several different images. I tried letting TI create the image and I also tried copying an existing image to the DVDs (using Roxio.)
    Using TI, every image was seen as "corrupted." When copying an existing image, the .tib file was not recognized as a back up file.

A couple of things that I'm not sure of....

1. I've read in the forums that people recommend setting the Image size to less than 2GB. I have no Idea how to do that. I can't find an option in TI for that.

2. I know ROXIO is not the best burning software, but I can't find an option in that program to set a size either.

Given that I'm not all that familiar with DVD creation and copying it may be that I'm doing something wrong. I'll try any hints that people have

12. ?Will

?Will Guest

I would like to try the 773 Build to see if it helps with my problems. Is this the desktop or server edition? I dont know if you can, but can that link be posted? Or can Acronis release it so the rest of us can d/l it

Thanks for all your hard work

13. Scopacetic

Scopacetic Registered Member

can't post. It will be deleted. Register for this forum and someone can send you a personal message.

14. willresendes

willresendes Registered Member

OK im registered now. So how can one get the new 773 build. Also i noticed that both the 7.0 and 8.0 versions are being made. Which should i be looking into using

Thanks

15. Devinco

Hi Red,

Acronis will probably have to help in this case. TI really should be able to span an image automatically based on the size of the backup media. I think I recall reading something about an option in TI setting the max image size. I don't have ATI so sorry I can't help more here.

16. Rainbird

Rainbird Registered Member

Hi,
    since I am in despair in not being able to restore my images saved on SATA drives, can anybody tell me where to obtain the fabulous built 773?

Thanks in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.