Googles' Gmail Notifier

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by the mul, Oct 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the mul

the mul Registered Member

The Gmail Notifier is a downloadable Windows application that alerts you when you have new Gmail messages. It displays an icon in your system tray to let you know if you have unread Gmail messages, and shows you their subjects, senders and snippets, all without your having to open a web browser.

The Notifier is in beta. Before you download it, we encourage you to review the system requirements and privacy information.

Current Version: Gmail Notifier 1.0.23.0

More info http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/

THE MUL

2. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

It's a nice tool, the mul ;), for getting notified of new mail and it's free. I used it when I started with my Gmail account. :)
    At present I'm using psGmail. With this tool you get notified and you can download your messages from Gmail into your email client. It's not free, but it's a real bargain.:D
    Some time ago I could even reply to messages from Gmail and they showed up in my Gmail account. Lately however I'm unable do it. Something changed to the Gmail beta. :doubt:
    The author of psGmail has been notified by email.

3. dread

dread Registered Member

4. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Freepops! Since recently I discovered that one too. :D
    Tried that one too, but couldn't get it to work. Always received an error. :doubt:
    Maybe someone knows more about it. ;)
    There's even another app, eMail2Pop, which works with Gmail and AOL, but it's also not free and it costs more than psGmail. :(

5. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

I know that accepting the terms of the beta meant not talking about it, but I don't see any problems with saying that I had a message yesterday that gmail has now activated mail forwarding for testing. Anybody else see that?

6. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Yes, I've seen it, but it's free for as long as the testing goes on. What will happen if it goes public? I think we'll have to pay for that service. :(

7. luv2bsecure

luv2bsecure Infrequent Poster

Bet you are right.

8. Marja

Marja Honestly, I'm not a bot!!

I like that you can download your gmail, but, how do you know everything is only going one way?

Just curious, I mean they seem to like to know everythink?! What do ya think, luv2besecure??

Marja:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.