SATA Raid 0 Promise 378 P4C800-E;TI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 3iii, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3iii

3iii Registered Member

Using TI 8, build 771, I perform a boot from CD. When I try to verify an image I get "processing please wait" then TI 8 hangs and I have to reboot my pc. Anyone else having this problem? Looks like there are various problems with RAID 0, some work and some don't. Anyone received an ISO fix for the Promise 378 controller from Acronis? Software appears to backup the drive fine and check ok if checking the backup while running under windows.

2. rlddrms

rlddrms Registered Member

Hi... I have the same problem: starting True Image within Win XP I notice no probs, but with the CD or diskettes in "DOS-Mode" the system hangs (the "activity-watch" stops turning and the mouse cannot be moved anymore) - I changed a lot of bios-settings (deactivated usb2 and firewire and lan), without success. The same prob I have with the Disk Director Suite 9 in normal mode; in secured-mode it works fine, so I came up with the idea to deactivate some bios-features...

the next thing I try is a workaround to get my system working again: I will use an old norton-ghost-image and re-install it, then I will install TI 7, then I will re-install the big image I made with TI 7 -

but this is not the solution; I un-nortoned my system to buy this highly recommended software and now have to use norton-ghost again :(

it would be nice if you could inform me about any working tips and tricks or thoughts - so will I

bye

thilo

3. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Registered Member

I have the same Promise controler on my Asus AV8 Deluxe board.

I also have the same issue. This is the first time in years I don't have a backup and it is bugging me.

I have not tried TI 7, only TI 8, are you saying TI 7 works??

If not we really need a fix as I prefer not to have anytihng norton on my system.

thanks

4. 3iii

3iii Registered Member

I have figured out that if you use SAFE MODE for the boot disk you able to perform a verification of a backup that was created without the system hanging. One key note, when you build the boot disk using safe mode make sure the disks are all already formated and blank. I think this may be part of the problem when trying to just use safe mode. I made a cd-r boot disk too for SAFE MODE and it too works. The only downside is that you are unable to restore your system from a file that was backed up to a cd-r because TI when booted from this mode appears to only see hard drives to look for images and not CD drives. I do not know if a restore works, to chicken to try it..

5. EagleClaw

I will try this when I get home and post back (at work for another 4-5 hours)

I will make the safe mode boot cd and then test it. If it can see my drives I will make a backup and then restore it.

I am not so chicken as I just reinstalled XP last week, anyway it will be worth it if it works.

6. 3iii

3iii Registered Member

Eagle Claw,

When you try your backup from boot disk it looks like it will only try and perform an incremental, could not get it to highlight the "next" button to perform a full backup so if you are going to do a backup, you may have to
    do it under windows first then use the boot disk created by SAFE MODE then try the restore from your hard disk drive backup. Good Luck ! Am anxious to hear about your results.

7. EagleClaw

I have always made my backups from XP without any problem so that will be fine.

I sure hope it works, I don't know what other option I have for backup.

I really don't want norton ghost on my system, if that will work who knows.

later

8. EagleClaw

IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made a backup from XP, booted to the CD, checked the image (was ok)

then restored it. no problems at all

3iii thanks a million for figuring this out, I'm sure many other will appreciate it to.

take care

9. Tyson

Tyson Guest

I'm running on an Asus P4P800-E Deluxe with the Promise 378 RAID controller. I freaked out when I tried to restore an image after some software problems and it would hang up everytime. After exhausting my four letter vocabulary on Acronis and their horrible software I found this thread. Worked like a charm for me. I was always able to create images fine in XP Pro and even used TI8 to clone my Samsung 160GB onto my 2 80GB RAID drives so I could skip the whole drivers issue. But when I tried to restore I got the same hang up. I created a new boot CD and instead of selecting the full version in the boot disk wizard I selected safe version. Rebooted and restored it just the way I like it. Thanks for the post guys!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.