windows shudown time is so slow

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by kairii, Sep 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kairii

kairii Registered Member

bought nod32 2 weeks ago....eva since i installed nod32 my comp takes 10x as long to restart/shutdown, first i thought it's fine i can live with that but now it's getting on my nerve....and it's only been 2 weeks...i'm goin crazy having to wait like 40sec+ everytime for it to restart/shudown...believe me it can get really annoying after a while.....and just recently it just hanging at the shudown screen for more than 2 mins.....this is ridiculous....and it seems that lots of pple on this forum have the same problem so it's a well known problem for a long time....why isnt it been fixed?? :mad:

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. kairii

kairii Registered Member

thanks for that link.....but will it have any negative affect on the comp....coz as far as i know it's IMON thats causing the slowdown coz it's doin something at shutdown.....will terminating the process faster have any side affacts??...

4. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

I've been doing it a while now. Nothing seems to be harmed.

5. kairii

kairii Registered Member

ok cool i'll try that registry trick thanks

6. Mele20

Mele20 Former Poster

I have very slow XP Pro shutdown (2 minutes as opposed to 5 seconds on my 98SE box with the same applications in the systray) and I don't use IMON. I'm not sure it is NOD32 though. On the 98SE box with NOD32, it takes 5 seconds. I can't test the XP box to see if it is NOD32 without uninstalling it since we can no longer kill the kernal. Taking my scanner out of the systray on XP speeded shutdown some but it is still way too long and that may or may not be NOD32 even though I don't use IMON.

7. QuinnK

QuinnK Registered Member

Sometime back I had developed a very slow shutdown on XP Pro, which I figured was Nod from what I had been reading. After doing a lot of general clean-up and tuning... registry (but no change in 'wait to close' time), services, etc., and running PerfectDisk, I somehow wound up with a total shutdown time from the shutdown click to complete shutdown of an average 7-12 seconds (occasionally somewhat longer, but rarely). It's held now for a couple of months, still using 2.000.9, don't know how the new version will do. I even re-enabled fast user switching and didn't seem to make a difference... running Spy Sweeper, BOClean, Weather Watcher, Webshots, and ZA also in background.

I'm sure from what's been posted at various times that Nod can be a factor, but it's definitely not a sure thing... Quinn

8. kairii

kairii Registered Member

it is a pretty sure thing in my case....i even tried uninstalled nod32 and system shutdowns really fast.reinstall nod32 agian.....same shutdown lag came bak....so it's nod32 that causes teh shutdown slowdown.....at least it is on my system....

9. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Please send an email to support@nod32.com and place a link to this thread. If you do not hear from Eset within 3 days (allows for weekends), please advise us...

Let us know how you go…

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.