multiple users

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by browndk26, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. browndk26

browndk26 Registered Member

There are four users set up our Windows XP system. It appears as if spywareblaster only runs on my user. I further see it is not on the other users start programs. How do I get it to start and run for all the users?

2. browndk26

browndk26 Registered Member

I also run spywaregaurd and see the same thing. how do I get this program to start and run for all users also?

3. Untouchable J

Untouchable J Registered Member

SpywareBlaster dosent need to be running to provide protection for your computer. All you need to do is click "Enable all protection":

"SpywareBlaster works by setting a "kill-bit" in your registry for the entries in its database. Once this "kill-bit" is set it stays set (until it is changed), so there is no need (or use) to have SB open and running." -dak

Also SpywareBlaster protect all user accounts:

"The ActiveX kill bits that are set by SpywareBlaster, however, are global (the pertinent Reg keys are in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE)." -eburger

To get SG to run on startup for each user, add the shortcut for SG to teh Startup folder for each user account (C:\Documents and Settings\"Account Name"\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey browndk26,

The three features of SpywareBlaster are....ActiveX\Cookie blocking(Internet Explorer protection) and Restricted Sites protection. When you selected the ActiveX protection....it took care of protection for ALL users. In order to have the Cookie blocking and Restricted Sites protection for each user....you will need to log onto each of those users and select that protection for each of those users.

5. aurdav

aurdav Registered Member

Sorry to cut in but, what about spywareguard. I was told it has to be installed for each user.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.