SearchForIt

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rerun2, Aug 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Is it possible for spyware to remove the protection in spywareblaster? I ask because I had just updated Spybot on my work computer and i did a scan with it. To my surprise it found SearchForIt. So I had Spybot fix it. After I wondered to myself if SpwareBlaster should have prevented SearchForIt from getting on the computer (as I also have it installed on my work computer). And to my greater surprise all items were protected in Spywareblaster except for one... SearchForIt. Under Spybot recovery the reg entry is under activex compatibility. I will copy the entire entry if needed. I dont know if a sample can be recovered but if one is needed i will do my best :) .

Perhaps the issue is how Spybot fixed it and removed protection from Spywareblaster as well. o_O

Continue the great work javacool.

2. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The latest Spybot release is flagging an entry that the SpywareBlaster program placed in the registry dealing with SearchForIt.

This Wilders link---> Spybot Update 8/30/04 False Positive?

4. rerun2

rerun2 Registered Member

Oh those nasty FPs get me all the time :)
    Thank you everyone for straightening it out.

5. Deke

Deke Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up on this. I thought my usually bulletproof sysem had let something invade me.

Thanks Again.

6. Deke

Deke Registered Member

I can't for the life of me set to ignore the SearchForIt entry as you can see in the image. What am I missing.

Attached Files:

7. Deke

Deke Registered Member

I found it in the Ignore section but why couldn't I do it through the Items found window?

Attached Files:

8. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

You can via rightclick on SearchForit.

Gerard

9. Deke

Deke Registered Member

If you are talking about through SB the first above image is a right click and the option is greyed out.

10. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Deke,

Concerning your first pic....with Spybot you need to click on the plu(+) sign next to SearchForIt and right click the actual reg entry that it found ?

11. sicam

sicam Guest

Personally i have opted for disabling Spybot untill i get a valid answer from the author,since i had askedd for more info with respect to other cases as well

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.