Any Qwik-fix users?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by J.Braddock, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J.Braddock

J.Braddock Guest

Anyone use Qwik-fix around these parts? Was wondering if there are any known conflicts/problems with using it. Thanks in advance.

2. setthesun

setthesun Registered Member

I used it for one day, It seems work great without any conflict. (Windows 2003)

3. J.Braddock

J.Braddock Guest

A couple things i noticed after i installed Qwik-fix were it seemed to change the way things were downloaded after install, and things just didn't seem to work right (as far as downloading some things goes).

Like i could no longer download my web based email the same way, with Firefox, as i did before the install.

Also sometimes i like to download whole web pages, again with Firefox, and read them offline and i had problems doing this as well.

Just incase anyone is wondering i did try to disable all the protection in Qwik-fix, and then retry the above, and it didn't make any difference i still had the same problems.

So i deleted Qwik-fix with Goback, and all problems are gone, everything is back to normal. I guess they may still have some bugs to work out, after all it is still in beta. One things for sure, i won't be reinstalling Qwik-fix again!

Hopefully i can save someone some trouble with this post, but i'm not necessarily saying Qwik-fix will cause the same problems for you, but just be careful when trying out new "Beta" software. Probably a good idea is to set a system restore point or use a program like Goback before install, so you can revert any changes, it will save you lots of trouble. :)

4. Guardsman

Guardsman Registered Member

During the use of QF, I'd to disable 2 fixes in order to run some programs smoothly.

They'r: [1] "Secure IE My Computer Zone" - this fix disable me from
    copy/move document/file/folder/image from point-to-point.

[2] "Disable IE Automatic Document Viewing"

I'd feedback to them about the issue but after they requested more info
    from me and that's it - no further reply from them nearly 2 months!

I'd uninstalled QF because of thier poor support.(although I knew it was a
    "Freeware" for testing and should not demand so much from them)

I shall recommend highly on "Prevx Home" as when I face any technical
    issue,they'r always respond gives help and advise.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.