Firefox ProtectionPartially Disabled

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by John Liebson, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Liebson

John Liebson Registered Member

Spyware Blaster 3.2, with Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.2) Gecko/20040820 Firefox/0.9.1+, Windows XP Home:

I notice that some of the database entries for Firefox are disabled from time to time. Example: A few minutes ago, when I started Spyware Blaster to check for updates, the program said that 3xx items were disabled for Firefox, so I reenabled all protection.

Then, when I wanted to be certain that I was posting this message about the correct Spyware Blaster version, I reran the program, and found that 2xx items were disabled.

Why is this?

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey John,

The below thread has a possible solution and other discussion about this that might help.

This link---> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=40456

and the Possible solution:

3. John Liebson

Unfortunately, I don't believe that will help me, as I have a grand total of zero sites listed as having permission to load images, plus one that is listed as being blocked. Thus, I cannot do what the poster of the solution did that worked for him, alas.

However, I shall remove that single blocked entry, then keep an eye on Spyware Blaster to see if the anomaly becomes "nomalous."

4. Amerk_5

Amerk_5 Registered Member

Do you already have any cookies blocked in Firefox that are similar to the ones SB is trying to block. Example, You already have doubleclick.com blocked but SB wants to add www.doubleclick.com. That's what was happening to me when I'd have partially disbaled protection for Mozilla.

To see if that's the problem, close Firefox, go to your profile (C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\default.yof) & move the file hostperm.1 to your desktop. Run SB & enable protection for FF. Run SB again & see if protection is fully enabled.

If everything is protected & you want your previous cookie settings back, with FF closed move the file hostperm.1 from the desktop back to your profile, overwriting the one created by SB. Run SB, enable protection & run SB again to see which ones are disabled. Go to FF's cookie manager and remove the exceptions for any cookies that show up as disabled in SB. Close FF, Run SB, enable, run SB to check if everything is fully enabled.

5. John Liebson

Apparently that fixed the problem.

(Of course, as soon as Spyware Blaster sees this message, it will start having the problem again...).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.