Spywareguard Conflict with Mouse Tooltips

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by skbaltimore, Aug 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

NOTE: This is similar to a reply I made in another thread, but I felt it deserved its own separate post. I recently installed SpywareGuard and have been enjoying the additional security/peace of mind it provides. However, aside from the broken live update function, I also noticed that it's interfering/blocking mouse tool tips/folder information from being displayed. At first I thought it had something to do with a recent MS update I did that somehow changed my Windows Explorer settings. But after double checking all of those, and uninstalling/reinstalling my LogiTech mouse software/driver, the problem persisted. Then I uninstalled SWG and the problem stopped. I thought it was important to post here:

1. To let JC know about the problem, and
    2. Give a heads up to anyone else who might be experiencing the same thing.

NOTE: My OS is W2K.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey sk,

To my knowledge....this is still a known problem and Javacool is working on a possible fix. While the below thread and a comment from Javacool is a few months old....it still has a couple of things you can try to help until a fix is released.

This thread---> SpywareGuard 2.2 still knocking out Tooltips

Javacools comment---> https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=146274&postcount=17

said by Javacool
    "no permanent fix is available yet....
    I am still working on it (I just haven't had any luck yet).

Best regards,

-Javacool"

3. skbaltimore

skbaltimore Registered Member

Wow, thanks, Bubba. That was some quick reply!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.