Teenage Daughter's Owners Manual

Discussion in 'ten-forward' started by Dazed_and_Confused, Aug 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dazed_and_Confused

Dazed_and_Confused Registered Member

Teenage Daughter's Owners Manual!

Congratulations! You are now the proud new owner of a teenaged daughter. Please read this manual carefully, as it describes the maintenance of your new daughter, and answers important questions about your warranty (which does NOT include the right to return the product to the factory for a full refund.)

IF YOU FEEL YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR TEENAGER IN ERROR:
    To determine whether you were supposed to receive a teenaged girl, please examine your new daughter carefully. Does she.
    a) Look very similar to your original daughter, only with more makeup and less clothing?
    b) Refuse to acknowledge your existence on the planet Earth (except when requesting money)?
    c) Sleep in a burrow of dirty laundry?

If any of these are true, you have received the correct item. Nice try, though.

BREAK-IN PERIOD:
    When you first receive your teenaged daughter, you will initially
    experience a high level of discomfort. Gradually, this discomfort will
    subside, and you will merely feel traumatized. This is the "Break-in
    Period," during which you are becoming accustomed to certain behaviors that will cause you concern, anxiety, and stress. Once you have adapted to these behaviors, your teenager will start acting even worse.

ACTIVATION:
    To activate your teenaged daughter, simply place her in the vicinity of a telephone or Instant Messenger. No further programming is required.

SHUTDOWN:
    Several hours after activation, you may desire to shut down your teenaged daughter. There is no way to do this.

CLEANING YOUR TEENAGED DAUGHTER:
    Having a teenaged daughter means learning the difference between the words "clean" and "neat." Teenaged daughters are very clean, because they take frequent showers that last more than an hour. They will scrub themselves with expensive, fragrant soaps that you must purchase for them because like I'm sure I'm going to use like the same kind of soap my Mom and dad use. When they have completely drained the hot-water tank, they will step out and wrap themselves in every towel in the bathroom, which they will subsequently strew throughout the house. If you ask them to pick up the towels, you are confusing "clean" with "neat." Teenagers are very busy and do not have time to be neat. They expect others to pick up after them. These others are called "parents."

FEEDING YOUR TEENAGED DAUGHTER:
    Your teenaged daughter requires regular meals, which must be purchased for her at restaurants because she detests everything you eat because it is like so disgusting. She does not want you to accompany her to these restaurants, because some people might see you and like I'm sure I want my friends to see me eating dinner with my parents. Either order take-out food or just give her the money, preferably both. If you order pizza, never answer the doorbell because the delivery boy might see you and ohmigod he is so hot. Yes, your daughter's idea of an attractive man is the pizza boy.

CLOTHING YOUR TEENAGED DAUGHTER:
    Retailers make millions of dollars year selling stylish and frankly sensible clothing that will look adorable on your daughter. If you enjoy shopping, you will love the vast selections that are available to you. Unfortunately, your teenaged daughter wants to dress like a lap dancer. You may be able to coerce her into putting on a cute outfit before leaving the house, but by the time she walks in the schoolhouse door, she will be wearing something entirely different.

OTHER MAINTENANCE:
    Teenaged daughters require one of two levels of maintenance: "High," and "Ultra High." Your daughter is "Ultra High." This means that whatever you do won't be enough and whatever you try won't work.

WARRANTY:
    This product is not without defect because she has your genes, forheaven's sake. If you think this is not fair, talk to your parents, who think it is hilarious. Your teenaged daughter will remain a teenager for as long as it takes for her to become a woman, which in her opinion has already happened and as far as you are concerned never really will. If you are dissatisfied with your teenaged daughter, well, what did you expect? In any event, your warranty does not give you your little girl back under any circumstances, except that deep down she's actually still there - you just have to look for her.

2. Peaches4U

Peaches4U Registered Member

priceless! Can apply to some son's too. :D

3. ssgtmax

ssgtmax Registered Member

Whoooooeeeeee....been there, done that! :rolleyes:

Owned 2 of 'em. Fortunately, they morphed into adulthood. Thank God.... ;)

4. Dazed_and_Confused

Whooooooeeeeee.....been there, been that! :D

5. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

and the manual for a teenage granddaughter is even longer :eek: grandma comes into play there ;)

6. Etsnuffy

Etsnuffy Registered Member

I think there is a bug with my two....They keep trying to activate all day, every day. :D

7. Dazed_and_Confused

That's not a bug. That's by design... :D

8. Peaches4U

never had girls - only boys and they sure kept me on my toes. they both grew up to be very nice men - like their dad is. ;)

9. Dazed_and_Confused

Congatulations, Peaches! :) I just hope my girl grows up to be as nice as me. :D

10. Peaches4U

thank u. i just know ur girl will be a nice lady .. her mom shows it here on the forums as being nice. Down boys!! your sex has just been given a thumbs up.
    :-*

11. Kathyhl

Kathyhl Registered Member

Perfect Dazed! Just had to send that to my daughter, who will be 30, but her daughter (my beautiful granddaughter) is 10, going on 15, and is a cheerleader already.........and boy I have already seen it starting for my poor daughter ;)

12. Memories

Memories Guest

AAAh! The good ole days, it is true, youth is wasted on the young, by the time you know what to do with it, you're too old.

13. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Ohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhh! :D

My two are in the "morphing" stage as bigc put it, lol.

19/17

TAS

14. ssgtmax

Hey, waidaminute, I think that was MY line....!! :( :D :D

15. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hey Dazed and confused
    a must read for anyone with a teenage daughter :D
    Rita

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2004
  16. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

May a thousand pardons reign/rain/rein/upon your parade.
    May all of my chickens turn into emus and kick my chookhouse down.
    May all the hairs on the back of my legs turn into bicycle spokes and backpedal me to death.
    May all of my heirs suffer the eternity of listening to the Village People's "It's Reign/Rain/Rein~ing Men" in any stereo they ever play.
    May the Gods of HairWar descend upon my head smiting me mercillously into the ultimate bad 'combover'.
    May you forgive my indisgression of naming the wrong author of a great quote oh Sgt Maximus Cerillius, author of the morpher quote.

:D :cool: :oops: :p ;) :D :rolleyes: :blink: :-* :'( *puppy*

TAS

17. ssgtmax

Heh-heh-heh....you are forgiven, my child. ;) Y'all Down Under have a great sense of humor....and some really weird critters! :ninja:

Thanks for bringing the daylight hours here on the Left Coast to an end with a good chuckle. ;)

18. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Ewwww...that just sounds painful! :eek:

ROFL! (only you could come up with something like that) :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.