WELCOME!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by rodzilla, Oct 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodzilla

rodzilla Registered Member

25 October 2002

Welcome to the new Official NOD32 Support Forum!

I'm Rod Fewster, the owner of NOD32 Australia. I was nicknamed "Rodzilla" by virus writers years ago, and now I'm stuck with it. :)

In the Fidonet virus conferences I was regarded as The Moderator from Hell ... I had to be tough to keep the conferences under control ... but I doubt that this forum will need much moderating.

All I ask is that you keep in mind that a well-behaved support forum is a magnet for experienced product users who are happy to help "newbies". It's these users who make or break a support forum ... but a poorly-behaved forum will drive them away. Whether or not they keep coming back here is up to you.

I guess more rules will be applied as the forum grows and I and the other moderators learn what rules are needed, but at this time I have only one ... "Don't use the forum to trash other antivirus products."

There's an extensive FAQ on NOD32 websites where you can find answers to most common questions about the program ... but don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it ... that's why this forum is here.

Eset technical support guys will check in regularly to sort out more complex problems, if any.

Always lurking in the background will be Paul Wilders, the creator and administrator of Wilders Security Forums ... a guy well known and appreciated in the security world for his efforts to help wherever possible to the best of his ability. Let Paul know if you have a problem which needs our urgent attention, and he'll send up a flare.

We're also fortunate to have Jack, an experienced NOD32 user and beta tester, lending a hand ... and after only a few hours of existence we've already seen other experienced users jumping in with assistance.

Language
    We realize that many people speak little or no English, so don't be afraid to ask for help in your own native language ... we have multilingual moderators and users, and native-speaking NOD32 distributors in many countries. If we find we're getting large numbers of non English speakers we will create sub-forums in other languages ... but at the moment we prefer that you post in English if possible.

Thanks for joining!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.