Windows XP SP2 - Any Compatibility Issues with Nod32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lingochard, Aug 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lingochard

lingochard Registered Member

The gigantic update is comming out soon...anyone have the beta of SP2 and been running Nod32 along with it? Any problems? Thoughts!

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

I have been running XP's SP2 RC2 for awhile now.... From my experience, I have not had any troubles with NOD and SP2 RC2. :D

3. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

No troubles. Next time it might be a good idea to run a search before posting, this topic has been covered more than a few times.

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

The beta version works very well on my system ;)

5. coolasmoo

coolasmoo Guest

Hi guys,

There is a very big problem with Nod32 and the RTM version of sp2

I double checked with a clean install of XP and as soon as you install Nod32 the network icon shows LIMITED OR NO CONNECTION.

The only things i have got on the OS at the moment are XP RTM , Via Hyperion Drivers, Realtek 1000 drivers and Nod32.

6. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

Im just currently downloading the Beta Version, and i will see if that will cure the problem for now.

Will report back

7. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

Well the Beta is incompatible aswell :(

If anyone can help heres my system specs

A64 3400
    MSI K8Tneo
    XP SP2 RTM

Using onboard Realtek Gigabit Ethernet

8. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

What's in your error log for xp?

9. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

Your computer was unable to automatically configure the IP parameters for the network card with the network address xxxxx. The following error accurred during configuration. The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized

And

The IPSEC Services terminated with the following error.

10. tazdevl

tazdevl Registered Member

You sure it's RTM? 2180? No issues here.

Sounds like you might have an app compatibility issue or something is borked with your install. Could be the medium itself.

Sounds like a problem with your network driver.

Are you running a VPN? Proxy server?

11. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

Yes its Final Build

I installed SP2 on my 3 month old install, and as soon as it rebooted the network became unusable.

So i thought Going to a fresh install would solve the problem, but it didnt.

Like i said i havent even loaded the X800 or sound drivers yet. Just the bare minimum to find the problem, and for me the problem is definatly Nod32.

As soom as i revert back to a restore point before i installed Nod32 the network works fone.

12. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

Im running a Speedtouch 510V4 router with the Realtek NIC.

13. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

Just another quick update and i will leave it tonight.

It seems the problem is DHCP, as it wont assign an IP address.

I cant imagine why Nod32 is causing this but i hope this helps

14. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

I searched the forum and found a utility called ISPFIX

This told me that IMON.DLL was at fault and it removed the file

On reboot my network was back online, so i have temporarily disabled IMON after it re-registered itself .

I think im getting somewhere now.

15. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

IMON has a repair function as well...

IMON
    Setup
    Advanced Tab
    Repair Now

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

• IMON.jpg
      IMON.jpg
      File size:
      36.9 KB
      Views:
  16. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

Thanks for the help, but all that does for me is re-register imon and im back to square 1.

Now i know what the problem is, im not too bothered not running IMON as im sure AMON will take care of anything.

The thing that bugs me is my other PC is running the same SP2 RTM and connects through the same router and is running AVAST of all things with no problems :/

17. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Coolasmoo,
    please download and run the following utility: http:\\eset.zftp.com/npe.exe and send the log created along with a description of the problem to support@nod32.com

18. coolasmoo

coolasmoo Guest

Ive sent you the results with Imon Enabled and Disabled.

Thank you for your help.

19. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

Hi again,

Thanks for the reply back from tech support but it didnt help as i dont have Nortan previously installed.

Ive found another user with the same problem, and ive asked him to post here.

20. Cr4iG

Cr4iG Guest

Im also having a problem with XP SP2, i cant get a IP address from my wireless network when it trys to assign it via DHCP. Just bought NOD32 a few days ago too :(

21. kbrooks78

kbrooks78 Registered Member

Same issue here with a wireless connection, going to try setting a manual IP instead of automatic, let you know how that goes later.

22. kbrooks78

kbrooks78 Registered Member

Setting a manual IP instead of automatic fixed the issue for me temporarily until NOD32 addresses the issue

23. Cr4iG

Cr4iG Guest

I am already using the static IP solution, but i use my laptop in wireless hotspots and in hotels alot, and alot of the time i dont know their IP ranges, so it isnt the best of solutions :(

24. SimonJN

SimonJN Registered Member

Same issue here with my wireless connection - dhcp is unable to allocate an ip address, although I can manually configure one. It get's even stranger though - if I manually configure an ip address then my ISP won't let me access the web without bouncing me to a page that says I have the netsky virus ... neither nod nor mcafee stinger could find anything though!

Uninstalling sp2 fixed the problem. It didn't occur to me that Nod might be at fault ... I'll try removing that this evening and see if I have any more luck.

25. Coolasmoo

Coolasmoo Guest

Well atleast we know that we could have a problem with NOD32 (IMON)

Is it a case of there may be a Fix, or is it better to try another (/shrugs) AV temporarily.

Im sure this problem will become more widespread as soon as SP2 goes on live update.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.