pg

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by PG_Lover, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PG_Lover

PG_Lover Guest

I am looking forward to buying PG next release since $40 being a not small to me for a program while trying with free PG2
    My first question is with whether PG can protect itself at first time downloaded to local machine & at the first install initially because I am not sure 100% our pc clean 100%.
    Recently, at times, I have seen Secure PG desktop appeared reported that something required to execute, the issue was with nothing shown in the GUI (all blanks but commandline option; in the windows log it showed that entry blocked from running but also with no specific program! Ah, secure PG exe protection GUI showed the date of the "ghost" program with year 1601.
    Please help me out.
    TIA

2. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

Hi PG_Lover,
    PG is made for prevention not cleaning. Although it may hamper some malware's activity if installed on an infected system.
    It is much better to add PG to a clean machine which will then protect it from malware running around.
    There is no way to be 100% sure, only reasonably sure that a machine is clean. There are so many little details to secure, something is sure to be forgotten.
    Not sure about your "ghost" entry. Maybe try scanning your system for malware: adaware, spybot, TDS-3, free online antivirus scanners.

3. Jason_DiamondCS

Jason_DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

This could possible be due to not being able to read the file in question that some of the information is not correct. Would you mind showing what the commandline in these circumstances, even a screenshot of the Secure Desktop would be good.

4. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

Email us at support for help ensuring your machine is a clean as possible - while it wont be 100% guarantee of it being clean, we can help :)

5. PG_Lover

PG_Lover Guest

- log entry for this 'ghost' was something :
    [time here] - [EXECUTION] : with commandline "...some contents here..." was BLOCKED from running
    * notes: the contents of commandline did not show specific program; unfortunetly I did not remember it exactly and after times of such, I reformated the partition of hdd and re-installed a new fresh of windows 2000 prof os. I have had to be done these things 2 times recently as what I could do (reinstalling things).

- for the secure PG destop, I was stupid not to try with using combo keys <alt + PrtScr> to capture that destop screen (I thought it did not work and I did not try!)
    I will get one to submit when it happens again - hope it is not with new reinstallation of os.

- "Email us at support for help ensuring your machine is a clean as possible - while it wont be 100% guarantee of it being clean, we can help"
    I am not a registered user of DCS yet (not bought a product yet), so I dont know how it works this way of it.

- On our pc, there are spywareSweeper & SpybotS&K installed, ZA personal firewall - free basic version, CA EZ antivirus (01 year free subscription), TDS3 trial version, PortExplorer trial ver. No virus found after scans; no trojans found with TDS3 scans and no spywares found with spyware_sweeper scans also (but alexa came with IE which is used if any, for liveupdating windows security patches only).

Almostly, I should put my limit budget to have DCS's security softwares for our home pc to protect from internet uses.
    Thanks so much for help.
    ------------------------

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Hi,

I'll still help if you haven't bought any products - TDS-3 evaluation offers support, and TDS-3 and ASViewer (freeware) are 2 of the first things you need to do a good checkup.

Of course online virus scanners are great to start as well - RAV and Trend are good online scanner choices I hear :) The best thing about online scanners is you can run as many as you want

7. I have the same issue with PG on my windows 2k prof box. Since all protection settings were on so no secure pg destop shown but the log entry indicated it.
    I would like to attach an image of it but I dont know how to attach it at this forum.
    I try to upload that image onto a friend place, hope it works:
    h**p://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/1d6b2000/bc/Cafe/PG2.0_pix01.gif?BCGRkEBBPwdYAqDC
    Please help.
    Thanks.
    nv
    ps:
    I placed my order of PG2 (home uses) yesterday, so far over half of a day, there is no mail received but the order confirmed and authorized to charge to mine. wu...!crossing my finger what's going on, yeh.

8. Gavin - DiamondCS

Hi,

Cant view that image.. sorry :( you can upload it here though !

You wont get any Execution warnings until you reboot once, learning mode is enabled for the initial startup so you can quickly configure needed processes. PG is best installed on a clean machine, since thats the only way you will ever know it is clean and going to STAY clean

9. pglover

pglover Guest

Re: pg > images

Even with PG2 free version and PG2 full version, it seems there is issues between running spysweeper_ver3 along with PG2.
    I dont know how to upload images to this post on this forum, so I temporarily borrow a friend to do this.
    This link to images appeared on my win2k box:
    http://briefcase.yahoo.com/nguyenbh007@sbcglobal.net
    -> please see them in public accessible folder "Cafe" on that page.
    Please help out. Thx.

10. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Re: pg > images

Hi, pglover

Sorry I have not viewed the "Cafe" Folder. [not brave enough :eek:]

To upload the Image is just below where you write the post, Manage Attactment, browse the your Image folder and then upload.

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

11. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, pg_lover

Are you also isthisbackdoor posting in the Trojan Defense Suite Forum, as you both are using the same Links Url.

Take Care, [I am]
    TheQuest :cool:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.