SpywareBlaster 3.2 released!

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by javacool, Jul 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

A excellent result of spywareblaster at www.snapfiles.com

[font=arial,tahoma]Weekly Top 10[/font]
    http://images.webattack.com/waimages/rrightcorner_purple.jpg [font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]1)[/font]SpywareBlaster[font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]2)[/font]Ad-aware[font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]3)[/font]Spybot - Search & Destroy[font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]4)[/font]Infiltrator Network Security Scanner[font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]5)[/font]Internet Download Manager[font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]6)[/font]Security Task Manager[font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]7)[/font]Shadow Security Scanner[font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]:cool:[/font]PicoZip[font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]9)[/font]EMS Free Surfer mk II[font=tahoma, Arial, Verdana]10)[/font]System Mechanic

2. diverdown48

diverdown48 Registered Member

I Need some help please.

I am running
    Windows 98SE Pentium III
    McAfee VirusScan 4.0.1
    AVG 6.0 Antivirus System
    Spybot S&D Search & Destroy
    Sygate Personal Firewall

I use Internet Exployer and am on a LAN system.

The two antivirus systems work ok together now that I have disabled the Mcafee VShield on start up.

I ran the immune scan on Spybot S&D and it cleaned a lot of stuff. It suggested that I get SpywareBlaster 3.2 if I wanted to control ActiveX.

I haven't had many problems with popups or viruses until recently. A popup came on and told me my system was under attack and I should run the free scan. I did the download. The only attacker it found was its own popup. So I tried to get rid of it. I installed the AVG 6.0, the Spybot S&D, and the Sygate Personal Firewall and finally got rid of the popups.
    Spybot tells me I have Adaware which I have tried to get rid of and it still says I have it.

The ? Should I download SpywareBlaster 3.2?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2004
  3. todd

todd Guest

After installing the update for 3.2 blaster, I get a error message when searching for certain items on ebay. How do I fix this? Thanks.

4. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

5. WA4AQW

WA4AQW Registered Member

Am running Mozilla 1.6 and had no trouble with SpywareBlaster 3.1 recognizing Mozilla. However, installed SB 3.2 and like several other posts, can not get it to recognize Mozilla. Have found several posts about fixes for recognition of Foxfire, but haven't found anything about Mozilla 1.6. Is there any workaround or procedure which will get 3.2 to recognize Mozilla?

Otherwise, SB 3.1 was a fantastic program and I would expect 3.2 to be even better...if I can get it to run with Mozilla.

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

7. kcoons

kcoons Registered Member

Just installed 3.2 (up from 3.1) does not recognize Mozilla 1.7. Read numerous comments about Netscape. Found an old tired 4.76 and removed it. Removed and reinstalled 3.2. Still does not recognize Mozilla. What's next step?

8. earth

earth Registered Member

hi there, I am pleased that a new version has come out but I am having the same problem as I had with the 3.1 and that is the error message, This program has been damaged, possibly by a bad sector of the hard drive or a virus. Please reinstall it. Which I have neither. I have visnetic anti virus protector which I keep update and do scans on a regular basis and I have done a thorough scan disk on my computer as well. I am running win 98se. Has anybody else had this problem? I would love to run Spyblaster again. I never had any problems with the older versions, they ran beautifully. I have Spybot and that runs alright. I have scanned for the coolwebsearch variant and do not have that either. If I can not get this problem fixed does anyone have the old version 2.6 which ran well. When the new versions came out I deleted that programme file which i am annoyed about lol.
    Looking forward to your reply :) Earth

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  9. Dude Moonshot

Dude Moonshot Registered Member

I tried downloading SpywareBlaster 3.2 from MajorGeeks, but Spybot filtered out the "Avenue A, Inc" threat and MajorGeeks went blank.
    I had no problems downloading version 3.2 from the first alternate site.
    Talk to you later...

10. Converse

Converse Registered Member

I'm having a problem with this program. I have the lastest updates and all protection enabled, but I still get quite a number of spyware when I run Ad-Aware and Spybot. Also, I still get those programs on my desktop that install themselves with asking like Second Thought and myPCSearch.

11. earth

earth Registered Member

Hi Dude Moonshot,
    Thanks for that I shall try downloading it again. I'll let ya know how it goes :D

12. earth

earth Registered Member

Hi again,
    I have just downloaded version 3.2 again and it still comes up with the same error message. I have checked my system again for I don't know how many times and I do not have a virus or a hard sector damaged. Oh well. I guess that I won't be able to use spyblaster anymore.
    Earth :p

13. dirfrops

dirfrops Registered Member

Sorry all...once again I am new to this forum and to Spywareblaster as well. I did a search for info on updates but didn't find any. I just downloaded 3.2 version, went through all the motions then I tried to UPDATE it. I keep getting this error message. I have allowed every piece of Spywareblaster to pass through my software firewall (McAfee Personal Firewall Plus) and even threw my IP address into the DMZ on my router (Linksys) but still cannot update...it throws me the error. I even get errors on the Spyware Guard as well when trying to download updates. Is there a port I need to open up? or is the server down for updating?

Just wondering...thanks in advance.

Dirf

14. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

15. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Hi,

Apologies for not having read this whole thread ! :oops:

I'm on W 98 SE, Dutch, IE 5.5 SP2.

I'm really sorry to say it, but version 3.2 gives me the same error message as 3.1 did.

I tried re-installing 2.6.1, then disabling its security-settings, then un-installing 2.6.1, then re-installing 3.2: same error...

Back to 2.6.1
    I guess it won't be updated with new defs anymore....
    Maybe if there is anywhere a list with new CLSIDs, we could add them manually but for me that is, at least for the moment, too much work (yep, I know about Tony's list ! ;) ).

Well, I trust that IE-SPYAD, IEClean, and other very highly tight settings will protect me... ;)
    Still I would have loved to be able to continue to use SpywareBlaster.

Regards, Jan.

16. dirfrops

Fan J

Have you tried upgrading to IE 6.0? I don't know if there is a Dutch version of it seeing as how I don't speak a lick of Dutch hehehee.

Are all of your windows updates taken care of? download them all, even the languages.

im not a pro, but i can do my fair share of level 1 or 2 support

dirfrops

17. dirfrops

BTW thanks to Snowbound for helping me get the latest defs for both apps (Spyblast and Spyguard). However...the latest spyguard defs are from january...is that right??!!??

18. dangitall

dangitall Registered Member

Yes, the most current definitions for SpywareGuard are 22January2004. Due to the manner in which SG works, constant updates are unnecessary.

19. Converse

Converse Registered Member

When I go to update Spyblaster updates it says I have the latest version, but I'm still getting tons of junk on Spybot and Ad-Aware 6. Any reason as to why this might be?

20. braindedd

braindedd Registered Member

Just wanted to report a small bug where SpywareBlaster doesn't round the values correctly when downloading an update and the speed is less than 1kb/s (sadly it happens to me at times.) I've seen it in the last few versions still ... other than that minor technicality ... great program! :)

21. pumphybear

pumphybear Registered Member

ive just downloaded the spywareblaster as i done a few crack/serial number sites to try and get an activator code for norton 2004 pro, the thing is that me pc got swamped by lots of nastie little buggers and thought spywareblaster would help me out

i downloaded it and installed, its come up with the comment that i dont use firefox when i do, can anyone help me out with this

cheers from a scotsman :D

22. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Hi pumphy. First off, you're not going to help many people here willing to help you with problems involving cracks and other such illegal software. Secondly. SWB will not scan for or remove whatever nasties you have, it blocks spyware from installing to begin with.

If you still want SWB to work, check that your version of Firefox is high enough to meet the requirements.

23. jbmyatt

jbmyatt Registered Member

Re: config SpywareBlaster 3.2

I skimmed this posting and apologize if I missed a previous post.

I was wondering if there were any good resources for editing SpywareBlaster (an .ini for example)? I'd like to customize/automate part of its setup, update and launch process.

Thanks!

24. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

I dont like Webroot products i found them cheap !!!..they where anoying?? and i dont think good value for money?? get these products theyre free and well imho..well worth at least 20buks.!! ..my pc has been gr8 since having them both installed and they run with my Spybot S&D and pc cillain 2004 without a glitch!! :-*

25. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Tisk Tisk Scotsman!! What u expect if you go right into the fire crack sites!!! well you would really want to wear and bullet proof vest ...no program i doubt will protect u entirely from them sites?..Thats just foolish and like going to a virus programers site imho.....Now go shower and get them nastie little bugs of you b4 we quaratine you 2... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.