How to copy screenshots to forum

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by bounty69sx, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bounty69sx

bounty69sx Registered Member

In case I'm not doing it right, I can't post screenshots of error messages for example on this forum and in another one. I used both IE6 and FF 0.9. I saved the screenshot in MS Word/WordPad. Select All from Edit Menu and then the entire screen gets highlighted and then I right click on it and choose copy. Then I go to this forum and right click on the blank thread and there is no Paste command from the menu that pops up.

What am I doing wrongo_O

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

You probably need to save the copied image to your hard drive and then upload it here using the manage attachments function. Look at your screen when you post and you will see the attachments function at the bottom of the screen.

3. dog

dog Guest

Hi Bounty, ;)

Alt + print screen

Paste your screen shot in M$ paint or any Photo editing app's you may have ... make sure to save it as a jpeg or gif ... an upload it with the manage attachments button .... Wilders' only accepts the following formats: gif jpe jpeg jpg log png txt

dog - *puppy*

Attached Files:

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

One other suggestion -- while in your graphics editor, especially if it's a full-screen (more or less) that you've saved, resize it down by 10 or 15 percent while you're at it, if it's still readable that way.

"Life-size" is less work, of course, and vitually guaranteed clear and sharp, but if you can avoid "stretching" the topic-board when you post the image, so much the better.

5. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Thanks for the post "bounty69sx". I have yet to utilize this one. Thanks to the previous members in advance.(ronjor, dog, MikeBCda) ;)

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

I do the same as Dog, Contol+Print Screen for entire Window, or Alt+Print Screen for the Active Window, then open Microsoft Paint and Shift Insert.

Cheers :D

7. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

Screen Shot instructions ... Highlight (click on the search window to ensure it's the active window) ... press alt + print screen ... open MS paint or a photo editor like Photoshop etc. select new ... press control + V to paste ... save as jpeg ... make sure it's not a bit map ... upload the image using manage attachments.
    Valid file extensions: gif jpe jpeg jpg log png txt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.