mozilla and spywareblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by shotguneddy, Jun 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotguneddy

shotguneddy Registered Member

After I installed spywareblaster I noticed that it failed to enable protection for mozilla/firefox because "There are no mozilla/firefox user profiles on this computer (for this account)". How do I enable protection for mozilla/firefox?

2. TheX

TheX Registered Member

I had the same problem as seems to be with only Mozilla Firefox v0.9. I haven't tested this with Mozilla 1.7 but if you switch back to Firefox 0.8 it will take care of the issue. I would suspect Mozilla changed some registry values and Spyblaster would need a minor update to correct this problem.

Make sure to un-install 0.9 first ;)

3. MCT

MCT Registered Member

hi, spyware blaster fails 2 detect the new firefox because firefox changed the application data directory, used 2 be "Phoenix", now i believe its inside the "mozilla" folder, so javacool has said in numerous threads hes working on spyware blaster 3.2 and this will be in the new version

regards

4. sputnik1717

sputnik1717 Registered Member

Thanks for the information everyone! I will be waiting for the release of 3.2.

5. Lona

Lona Registered Member

------
    I am new here, and don't know how to swtich back to Firefox 0.8 as I never had it installed. Is there anyone here who can assist me?
    Lona

6. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Lona,

You could do as TheX suggested in an earlier post...."un-install 0.9" and then follow the below link and download Firefox 0.8.

This link---> http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/0.8

and select the....FirefoxSetup-0.8.exe ....file.

Edit:
    Yeah....what Snowbound said :doubt:

8. lynchknot

lynchknot Registered Member

You can change the path with profiles.ini in C:\Documents and Settings\your name\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox. It works

[General]
    StartWithLastProfile=1

[Profile0]
    Name=default
    IsRelative=0
    Path=C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\yoiur name\APPLICATION DATA\Firefox\Profiles\default\76edo0bl.slt
    Default=1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.