Event Viewer Error

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Modred, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Modred

Modred Registered Member

Greetings,

Whenever I UNPLUG a TrueImage image, I get two errors in the event viewer. The errors are:

Event ID: 57

Source: Ftdisk

Description: the system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.

Event ID: 11

Source: disk

Description: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\D.

I'm running WinXP Home with all updates and the latest version of TrueImage 7.0. I ran chkdsk on both partitions of my hard disk and did not get any errors. I have created and restored many TrueImage images without any problem. I get the errors regardless of whether I unplug the image directly through the TrueImage utility and by right clicking in Windows Explorer.

Why am I getting these reported errors, and how do I stop them?

Thanks

Modred

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello --

Please contact Acronis Support directly - support@acronis.com.

Just a general advice - if you see some unusual behaviour that results in producing some error numbers or so, it's better to address Acronis Support ddirectly, as it is always a faster and easier way to resolve the problem when the case is a difficult one.

Thank you.

--
    Best regards,
    Anton Gromov

Acronis, Inc.
    395 Oyster Point Blvd. Suite 213
    South San Francisco
    CA 94080 USA
    http://www.acronis.com/

Acronis... Compute with confidence

3. 64bit

64bit Registered Member

I get the same error's on both of my systems too. Must just be one of them things. Latest version, XP Pro, etc.

4. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

You get this error when the image is of an NTFS drive, it's due to the way XP handles NTFS drives. It's really a bogus error. You can see the same error with an external USB drive, if you format it in NTFS and then turn it off without using the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon to disconnect it. It's a bogus error in that case also as long as you wait a while to be sure all activity has been flushed to the disk.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.