Bit Defender free with PC PRO

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by david banner, Nov 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david banner

david banner Registered Member

I dd not get it myself but there is a year free updates. There is a coupon in the magazine.

However, someone told me that when you try to download it it starts an uninstall of your current av. First you down load a downloader.exe and running that connects to net and starts an uninstall of your current av. My friend stoped there.

Bit cheeky and it seemingly thinks its ok to leave you without an av while down loading it

2. moxxey

moxxey Registered Member

Most security suites can't install when other security software is already on your system as it needs to install on a low-level basis in order to operate correctly.

Bitdefender software has always refused to install when it detects rival security software already installed on your PC. Bitdefender software is particularly fussy in this regard.

The 'downloading' process is just part of the installation routine.

3. david banner

david banner Registered Member

well i would not uninstall an av when online. BitDef could allow itself to be saved to the hard drive and then uninstall the other av when it is being installed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.