MCShield anti-malware tool against removable drives' infections-any good?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by CoolWebSearch, Nov 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoolWebSearch

CoolWebSearch Registered Member

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  2. Alexhousek

Alexhousek Registered Member

I cannot access the link. Trend Micro indicates it is a malicious site:

3. digmor crusher

digmor crusher Registered Member

I haven't used it but from what I have read it seems like a very good tool. A lot of people on the Avast forum are using or recommend it.

4. CoolWebSearch

I honestly ignore it because also McAfee siteadvisor says the same thing.

5. ifacedown

ifacedown Registered Member

Just ignore McAfee's siteadvisor on this one. I can say that MCSHIELD is so good. The ONLY THING that I don't like is that it unhides a folder called system volume information which does not make any sense.

This tool is better than SMADAV and USB Security.

6. dr_Bora

dr_Bora Registered Member

Hi. :)

As far as the url blocks by McAfee and TM goes; these have been reported countless times, but as usual, things take a long time with these companies.
    Hopefully, the FPs will be fixed soon.

I suppose you're using the "Always unhide items..." option. Normally, this should not happen, but...
    Could you just confirm that you're using the mentioned option and tell me what version of Windows you are using (FYI: I'm one of the authors of MCS).

7. CoolWebSearch

Dr. Bora, thank you so much for this product, I've been trying to find something like this for a t least a year, one of the key reasons is that I have barely 1 gb of ram memory, and installing my favorite antiviruses is not an options since they all have gone too heavy for my computer.
    And my USB is pretty much always infected, so I do need protection for this, internet protection is not that important, since I have tweaked everything, plus I have SBIE.

Again big thank you for this product, it is very useful and very effective.

8. CoolWebSearch

It's true, it saved my computer yesterday from infected CD Rom and infected USB.
    So, far I have not hear complaints from anybody, all I can hear is that it is truly effective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.