HDM 14 can't restore a single file

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by JanesJr1, Nov 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanesJr1

JanesJr1 Registered Member

Testing HDM 14, I backed up a partition, and then tried to restore a single file. The restore process finds the file and I can flag it to be restored, but the the process stops with a "next" button that won't function. There is not yet an option to "apply".

Both partitions are Bitlocker partitions, but unlocked during backup and recovery. Windows 8.1 x64.

This was my maiden voyage with HDM, and used the Smart Backup process to create the backup partition.

Please advise, thank you!

2. Robin A.

Robin A. Registered Member

3. fireworker

fireworker Registered Member

I confirm. From backups of conventional (nonbitlocker) partitions, a separate file(s) restore is not possible. When you click Next in the "How to restore files" window nothing happens. Only with File Transfer Wizard a turned out. In previous versions (eg 12), everything was normal.

Robin, you can try to restore any file from any backup, to temp folder, with Restore Wizard.

4. JanesJr1

FirEworker, thank you for responding, but I'm unclear the implications of what you said. Are you saying that single-file restores were possible with prior versions of HDM, but are no longer supported? Or is this a potential bug to fix?

BTW, I am using the Pro version of HDM 14?

5. JanesJr1

Also, I am using the Pro version of HDM 14, but a demo version.

If someone can clarify if this is a bug, a Bitlocker issue, or a use-a-different-method issue? I need to clarify if HDM can support my biz...

6. CessPitts

CessPitts Registered Member

I too am seeing this issue. I have upgraded to 64-bit HDM 14 Suite (from HDM 12 Suite) on a 64-bit Windows 8 system. Took a backup of the whole of the SSD and a single partition from the HD but am unable to restore. Select a single folder (with lots of sub-folders) to restore, click Next to get to the How to Restore page, choose Specific folder from the drop down and a location on a local partition but the Next button on that screen does nothing and I cannot proceed with the restore.

Only consolation is that I upgraded because I was getting a crash during backup, so at least that much is improved, but I cannot tell whether or not I've taken a usable backup unless I can test the restore.

7. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

Just to clarify, this is a known issue with the file level restore, please use either the File Transfer Wizard (FTW) or mount the image, and you can restore at the file level in the mean time. There will be a patched version released shortly which should resolve the bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.