Do you like Chrome's new "New Tab" page?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Noob, Oct 9, 2013.

?

Do you like Chrome's new "New Tab" page?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. No

24 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. Noob

Noob Registered Member

This goes to all Google Chrome users!
    Personally, i dont like it.
    Now it takes longer to open Chrome because it has to load that Search bar . . . i was perfectly fine using the Omnibox as a search bar, there was no need for this crap!! :)

2. J_L

J_L Registered Member

3. Page42

Page42 Registered Member

Make it go away.
    Don't like Chrome's new New Tab page?

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I guess there had to be a "Yes" for it to be a poll, though I doubt anyone will click it.

5. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Can not vote 'yes' for this, even in jest. Some 'genius' came up with this change and I hope he/she gets a good noodle lashing for it. Tinkering with this stuff is nothing but a 'make work' project. Chrome has positioned itself as a quality browser, content wise, but this change has devalued it. Setting the opening of the browser to 'new tab' has no value-add for me. I have reset it to a start page with a search engine of my choice.

6. guest

guest Guest

Q: Do you like Chrome's new "New Tab" page?
    A: No.

Q: Then you don't like it?
    A: No.

Q: WTH? o_O
    A: I don't really have a problem with it. IMO it's trivial. Especially since I have a problem with the Flash Player instead, so I don't really have a place to think about the new "new tab" page.

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Already disabled it. Thanks for the how to. :D

8. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I feel the same.

I don't use the new search box - I still search from the address bar, but it doesn't bother me being there.

9. imdb

imdb Registered Member

could someone post a screenshot of the new "new tab" page please?
    thanks.

10. guest

guest Guest

Ever seen Firefox's default page with that Google search bar? Yeah, basically the same thing.

Attached Files:

11. imdb

imdb Registered Member

thanks for the screenshot, graf. yeah it looks almost same as ff's default new tab page which is no good.

12. imdb

imdb Registered Member

imo, it's plainer, the better for both web browsers and search engines.
    google used to be the plainest search engine back in the day. and that's what made them top/#1 search engine back then.

13. guest

guest Guest

There was once Google is the most bloated search engine I've ever used. Mainly because of that page preview feature. Thankfully, it's gone now. But Google is still bloated with its integration to other services. And sometimes the search results don't make any sense at all. For example, if I searched pipe organ images, I get BMW car images instead. :eek:

14. imdb

imdb Registered Member

that's the problem. it started as a search engine and should've stayed that way. other services should've been made accessible through another website, maybe.

15. guest

guest Guest

Well, I don't really mind about a search engine company created a web browser like Chrome. I consider Google to be an ad company instead though.

I wish they just give it up on G+. It's a failure, why do they keep pushing it on people? They have many ways to mine the gold and they can create another one which will have a more decent future.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.