Conduit Search pest

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by emmjay, Sep 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

I upgraded ImgBurn and got this horrible search engine... Conduit.
    http://search.conduit.com/?ctid=CT3311875&SearchSource=48&CUI=UN14390957191530325&UM=2

It keeps opening up in Chrome and I can not get rid of it. I found this crap from the download in Program Files and Program Data under Conduit in an IE folder, which I deleted. It was also in Appdata under Users. Deleted it there as well. Also OpenCandy was installed (deleted that pest as well). Do not know how it got into Chrome as I have google set as the default ... both google and conduit open. Checked CCleaner/registry and one instance there ... deleted it. I denied access to the plugin via Winpatrol but it has obviuosly over ridden the deny. Pain pain pain. What to do?

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

MBAM should remove most of it. You can also use Ccleaner to remove the BHOs (in the Tools/Startup Items). Not sure about how to remove search engines from Chrome...

3. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

It also installed the add-on SweetTunes in all my browsers. This is Bing getting desperate!

Tnx, MBAM got rid of all 23 instances of the PEST.

All back to normal now. Bye bye Imgburn. Never will I ever donate to this group again.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  4. Sampei Nihira

Sampei Nihira Registered Member

Scan also with Adwcleaner and HitmanPro (PUP and Malware on).

5. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Yes you are right. I found that the SweetTunes Search was not removed from Firefox until I did as you suggested. Now it looks as though all is back to normal (ugh!).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.