Yahoo Mail Alternatives

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by TheKid7, Jun 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

Please suggest some alternatives to Yahoo Mail.

I routinely send out several EMails (NON SPAM EMails) which each have around 10 BCC's to friends & family using Yahoo Mail, and sometimes Yahoo Mail claims that they have detected something about a Security Risk (or something like that) with my Yahoo Mail Account. Even when I successfully type in the CAPTCHA, Yahoo Mail will sometimes not allow me to send the EMail. Until today, this problem had not happened for several weeks.

Thanks in Advance.

2. ReadyFreddy

ReadyFreddy Registered Member

Outlook.com

3. Dermot7

Dermot7 Registered Member

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

Funny how Yahoo seems to be the most hacked web mail service but causes user issues like you're having! All for the sake of "safety"!

Anyway, I run Gmail, Outlook.com and Yahoo. I rank Gmail 1st, Outlook.com 2nd and Yahoo an extremely distant 3rd...

5. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Outlook/Hotmail.
    Since they launched the new interface it is the best web mail service ever!! Its really that good. :D
    Even though i own a couple GMails i hate the interface.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  6. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Same here. Even before the change, Hotmail has always felt easier on my eyes. The updated interface adds width and the usage of white spaces makes it look much cleaner.

7. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Yeah, even before the change they were really good but with the change now its just the best.
    Since the first day i used GMail i always ask myself WHY so much people like GMail. In my opinion its of the worst web mail interfaces i have used. o_O

8. Joxx

Joxx Registered Member

Another vote for Outlook.

9. Rmus

Rmus Exploit Analyst

I vote for setting up a POP3 email service with an ISP.

Everything is local on your computer, no advertisements, no external interference, no CAPTCHAs, no email scanning (mine, anyway) etc. Configure folders folders as you want.

agent_gui.jpg

----
    rich

10. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

IF you have to go with webmail, I agree with some of the others -- I really like outlook.com. The alias service alone is so incredibly well done and seamless. Great interface and it has been very reliable. MS got this right - no question.

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Gmail, Outlook.com. Gmail is always my favorite, but I can see Outlook being equally appealing.

12. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I would also suggest Outlook.com or setting up an email address on a domain you own (if you have one), using a hosting provider or even hosting it yourself.

13. TheKid7

Actually, I already have GMail & Outlook (Hotmail).

I just successfully sent out my daily EMail with GMail. It looks like GMail will work OK for me.

14. SweX

SweX Registered Member

As others have said already.....Outlook.com :thumb:

15. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

Oddly, I have recently started to use my Yahoo! Mail I get with my ISP, I used the free version for over a decade & it was the best at one time IMO. The Yahoo! Mail I'm using now (paid version) has replaced Gmail for me as my main mail.

I do think that Zoho, GMX & AOL are good free alternatives though. AOL has recently improved & is nice & simple to use, I actually prefer it to Gmail now. Zoho is good. GMX isn't bad, although once (I have only used it for a year) my contacts disappeared. I had to replace them manually, luckily there weren't many. I have been told that GMX is susceptible to this phenomenon. Out of the three, I reckon AOL would be the one to try first.

16. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

17. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Outlook.com seems very good to me. The only positive thing about gmail for me is the calendar which is a must-have for me on my phone and computer. I'm not sure I want to switch everything over to outlook's calendar. So I just use outlook.com for a 2nd or 3rd email address.

18. TheKid7

I have been using GMail for the EMails to Friends & Family for a couple of days now and GMail seems to be working out for me without any issues.

19. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

I fully agree, but instead of POP3 email service with a local ISP, I have mine POP3 emails with both Gmail and Hotmail (Outllook, live, MSN).

And, they are internally configured in my PC with Microsoft Outlook.

Best regards,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.