KIS Shuts Down After Inactivity

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Apr 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

There is a thread re this on the Kaspersky Forum.
    However, I wonder if anyone here has the problem? So far there does not seem to be an answer.

Evidently, if I understood, there are a couple of users who have had it shut down when they are using the computer. I have not had that problem.
    I sent info to Kaspersky, but considering their reputation for almost non-existent service I don't expect much help.

I may have to ditch KIS, but there are several good options. I do like the Safe Money, but Avast has SafeZone.

Jerry

2. 3x0gR13N

3x0gR13N Registered Member

3. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I hope they are working on a better solution than to have people downgrade their browser. :doubt:

I have had KIS crash and close before as well. For me it was when I opened Outlook. But only when I had EMET applied to Outlook. The current version seems to work fine though.

4. 3x0gR13N

Of course they are, it's a temporary workaround until the fix gets released (whenever they plan on releasing it).

5. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

The moderators on the kaspersky forum sound like something from a doctor who episode.
    Im sure they are daleks.

Any problem you have no matter how big or small its the same response.
    "get sysinfo"
    "contact tech support".

Useless.:ninja:

6. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

7. 3x0gR13N

Installed AFAIK, as the update changes some system libraries used system wide.

8. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It is possible IE 10 was the problem, and I have removed it and returned to IE9. It is not at all clear to me how a browser that is not being used causes the problem, but it is worth a shot.

On my laptop I had to remove IE10 as it would appear, but with a blank screen. I am using Avast Pro on that machine.
    I conclude that IE10 is buggy.:thumbd:

Anyway, IE10 is gone so we'll see if it happens again. It will be a couple of weeks until I am satisfied because it did not happen but about twice a week.
    Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Jerry

9. er34

er34 Guest

Very funny conclusion, to be honest.

I have installed IE10 on more than 200 Windows 7 machines with absolutely no problems (upgrade from IE8 to IE10, and single from IE9 to IE10). I have been using IE10 on my Windows 8 since August 2012 - no issues. Something else broke on your machine and this gives you the right to conclude that IE10 is buggy... funny :'(

If you care to try again (with AV stopped):

10. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

I will assume patch h, which will likely take a while. Seems to work fine on Windows 8 with IE 10 though. Wondering what the major difference would be.

11. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Since it does not work on either of my machines I consider it buggy. That is in addition to the problems on the Kaspersky forum. Of course that might be Kaspersky.

But that is my conclusion, and not worth much except to me.:D
    I almost never use IE and much prefer FireFox.

Regards,
    Jerry

12. 3x0gR13N

Probably a combination of old W7 64bit libraries and new/updated libraries that came with IE10... but that's just a guess.

13. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

And Bitdefender does have SafePay. Just an FYI to let ya know. :thumb:

14. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, JR.
    I will be interested to see howl you like it. It has some good detection rates.
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.