Do you encrypt your Emails?

Discussion in 'polls' started by Creer, Apr 1, 2013.

?

Do you encrypt you Emails?

1. Yes - via desktop applications (eg. Gpg4win or Email client with encryption feature)

13.2%
  2. Yes - via encrypted Email services (eg. Hushmail, etc.)

2.6%
  3. Sometimes (why and what you use for it - *you can also tick box next to two options above*)

10.5%
  4. No, but I DO have my own PGP/GPG key

5.3%
  5. No, I do NOT have PGP/GPG key

76.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Creer

Creer Registered Member

Hi,

I'd like to ask you about email encryption.
    There is similar thread in this "Polls category" however it was created over 3 years ago, let's update this poll with few more questions.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  2. er34

er34 Guest

I do not encrypt my personal email because I do not send so sensitive information over the Internet. At work I have a personal key and I can encrypt emails but I never did it so far.

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Nope, never....

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No I don't :)

5. c2d

c2d Registered Member

No I do not

6. merisi

merisi Registered Member

I've never encrypted emails because I'd never be able to get the people I email to do the same so it'd defeat the purpose.

7. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Nope.

8. Carver

Carver Registered Member

No, they wouldn't even want to do what is necessary to read my email let alone send a encrypted email back.

9. chrisretusn

chrisretusn Registered Member

No, but I have several keys. Encrypting email is pointless, no one else I correspond with knows what to do with them. :(

I sometimes add a signature for the fun of it. I've been asked about it before, I tell em you can verify the message is really from me, they ask why? :)

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I have never encrypted any e-mail. In fact, i rarely send e-mails. :D

11. Carver

Carver Registered Member

With the cost of stamps:going up ; envelops: time in transit; post schedule being cut back making on time delivery uncertain. The availability of online paying of bills and other Bank services, other things namely doing shopping online using email makes more sense don,t you think ::isay:

12. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

To be honest, I haven't looked much into the subject. I doubt I will bother though.

13. Less

Less Registered Member

To be honest, why u bother to reply...

such a troll:rolleyes: :thumbd:

14. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Well. I replied because I use web-mail services and I've not looked into the topic of email encryption. Surprisingly, you seem to have a problem with my statement when no one else does.

As far as me being a troll, I'd kindly suggest you look up the meaning first before you accuse someone of it. Here's a favor for you:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

Nothing you say is related to the subject at hand and you're just being provocative. If I'm a troll, I guess you're my guru. Thanks a lot master!!

15. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

For true-name personal and business use, I use no encryption, except SSL/TLS for the server connection.

For mirimir etc, I mostly use Thunderbird + Enigmail.

16. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahahaha, well i use e-mails a lot of course but i rarely send them. :D

17. dogbite

dogbite Registered Member

I do not.
    I tried in the past Thunderbird+PGP but it was useless, as almost nobody uses PGP...

18. Nebulus

Nebulus Registered Member

I used to encrypt my emails when I needed to send sensitive information related to work. But for normal emails, I don't use encryption.

19. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I'd don't use e-mail personally to stay in contact with friends, family, etc. But I do receive e-mails from potential employers and other groups. There really is nothing in my inbox that the NSA, FBI, or any other third party can gleam that I need to keep private. That being said, I'd be more concerned for those that text message or make calls. But I can see how e-mail privacy may be important for someone working within a business environment. Whether it be to restrict employer from spying or to protect sensitive information maybe about a client, etc. This just isn't that big a deal for me at this current time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.