Malware Fighter 2.0 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Cloud, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Yesterday Iobit released beta 1 of the new IMF v2.0. I personally like the new interface but I also hope malware detection is greatly improved when the final release is out.

Changelog:
    + Improved engine with more powerful removing ability, but less resource consuming
    + New generation of real-time protection technology protects your PC in a quiet and intelligent way
    + New"Smart One-Stop Solution" helps you fix problems with one click
    + Brand-New UI, easy and crisp

Source: http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?p=90843#post90843

P.S. I kindly ask we keep this thread clean of "Iobit stole from MBAM" posts. The past is the past. Am I right? Thank you! :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  2. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

I can absolutely guarantee that they are not stealing our database at this time.

The files in the folder are just from the month of March, all came from either a direct exploit drop or email attachment. These are not adware or PUPs, these are the worst of the worst samples. ~Comment removed per TOS~

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2013
  3. Bruce,

Nice of you to confirm, but I hope you realise that your using a baffling and mind blowing advertising statement that your engine detected 100% of the malware you collected yourself :thumb:

Be a sport, drop the (8°33'00"S/119°27'00"E) madvertising, your product's brand reputation does not need it. MBAM is a reputable brand which has proven that there is a reason and a market for a focussed security add-on.

4. nosirrah

nosirrah Malware Fighter

Do not put words in my mouth. The point is that they are vetted, obviously we detect all of them.

5. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

I think you misunderstood the post by the MBAM staff member. The OP mentioned something about what happened in the past, and the MBAM staff member reassured that signatures aren't being stolen, otherwise they would be detecting all the samples that MBAM detects, which would be kind of odd.

:)

6. Ok, picture of MBAM is redundant IMO, spreading of live malware is against TOS, let's keep it a Malware Fighter thread.

7. clubhouse

clubhouse Registered Member

I'll give this a try, despite the unprofessional behaviour of a so called professional, how ugly:mad:

8. Newby

Newby Registered Member

Agree +1, Any details on the realtime protection?

9. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

I tried to install it on my old outdated Windows XP Sp1 machine (cause its broken and wont update SPs :p) which that last 1.x version worked perfectly. v2.0 refused to install claiming net.exe issues :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.