Regscanner or Regseeker.

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by The Red Moon, Mar 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Hi,
    As a general rule of thumb i do not use registry cleaners at all.But ive discovered 2 programs by the name of regscanner and regseeker.These do not appear to be registry cleaners in the strictest sense but only look for registry entries that i specify,notably if ive uninstalled a program then i can use one of these programs to search for and delete related entries.This is surely safe to do as the program is uninstalled and there is no reason to keep the related registry entries.
    Any advice or opinions on these 2 programs please and which one os more effective.?

Thank You.

2. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Actually RegSeeker is, but is more than....

Nirsoft – RegScanner

Description
    ===========

RegScanner is a small utility that allows you to scan the Registry, find
    the desired Registry values that match to the specified search criteria,
    and display them in one list. After finding the Registry values, you can
    easily jump to the right value in RegEdit, simply by double-clicking the
    desired Registry item. You can also export the found Registry values into
    a .reg file that can be used in RegEdit.

-
    Hoverdesk – RegSeeker

Description
    ===========
    RegSeeker is the all-in-one toolbox for your Windows. It includes a powerful registry search and cleaner tool. Take full control of your startup entries, services, drivers, histories, junk files (protect your privacy), installed applications, browsers extensions, and more ! With RegSeeker you'll exactly know what is installed and running on your PC.

.. I use both, and I use several registry cleaners like what is giving with CCleaner and not had problems. But I don't just delete everything that shows up in the list without going through it all. Once in awhile there's something that shouldn't be in the list, so I exclude.

btw; Even remotely promising registry cleaner would allow backups previous to cleaning, like RegSeeker and CCleaner does.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
  3. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

@Phantom.

Thank you for the reply.I dont consider these as general registry cleaners that scan for all unwanted keys etc.
    I like the idea of being able to just scan for a particular program without hunting them down manually.:D

4. HAN

HAN Registered Member

I use RegScanner once in a while. In my experience, it is a user controlled, manual search tool for the registry. If ran carefully by users who have a decent knowledge of the registry, it is a excellent product.

RegSeeker, IMO, is not something I would ever consider using. It finds so much stuff and makes its decisions automatically (or at least encourages/guides the user to use it that way.) For anyone who knows little about how a computer works, I consider it at least worrisome to use and in extreme cases, dangerous to use.

5. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Completely agree (on both points)! :thumb:

Cruise

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.