Downloading zip files

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by pminal, May 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pminal

pminal Registered Member

After I have installed spybot and spywareblaster 3.1 I cannot download any zip or tar files from any webpage even though they are harmless.

Can anybody guide me.

Thanks

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Just so there's no confusion (of course maybe I'm the only one who could possibly get confused ;) ), what you want to do is Save Target as ...

4. pminal

pminal Registered Member

Thanks LowWaterMark,

No I cannot save the Hijackthis.zip file. When I try to save target as I get a message "Internet Explorer cannot download the file. It is unable to open this site. The requested site is unavailable or cannot be found. "

Also when I click on a target zip file in the browser I get the following error.

You are not authorized to view this page
    You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden
    Internet Explorer

Inspite of no permission error I get this for every zip or attachment file I try.

Thanks for all your help.

5. MCT

MCT Registered Member

just for kicks, remove Spybot 1.3, restart, try 2 download the file again.. if it dont work, disable Spyware Blaster's protections, restart, and try 2 dl it again, so u can see what the problem is..

if they dont work, let us know, im sure we can come up with something

6. pminal

pminal Registered Member

I first removed Spybot but that did not help. Even after removing SpywareBlaster I cannot download any zip,rar or office document from any webpage.

I am using Win XP with IE 6.0

thanks

7. Amerk_5

Amerk_5 Registered Member

Did you disable SpywareBlaster's protections before uninstalling? Uninstalling SB doesn't remove it's protection.

8. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Neither SpywareBlaster nor Spybot S & D should be able to cause that error. Usually, it's an issue with the server you are trying to download from, but if it occurs on every zip file, no matter what the source is, then it sounds like something else on your system is causing it.

Could you please follow the instructions in this thread: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

But instead of trying to download that zip file, try this direct download link for HijackThis:

http://www.spywareinfoforum.com/downloads/tools/HijackThis.exe

Maybe we'll get lucky and it'll work. :)

Thanks,

-Javacool

9. pminal

pminal Registered Member

Hi All,

Thanks for helping me. actually before I installed Spybot and SpywareBlaster
    I had changed some of the settings of my Zonealarm firewall. I recalled it
    and set them to their defaults and my problem was solved. In reality my settings of Zonealarm were causing those error messages. I now installed both Spybot and SpywareBlaster and I am able to download zip,rar or any attachment files now.

I appreciate all your help towards me.

Thanks

10. MCT

MCT Registered Member

glad u found the cause/cure firewalls can be tricky :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.