Problems with schedule scan NOD32 AV

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by boris79, Feb 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boris79

boris79 Registered Member

2. Todek49

Todek49 Registered Member

yes, bad habits carried over from at least Version 5. :rolleyes:

3 boxes, all set to a weekly deep-scan, on saturdays at 11:00 am.

If you start-up the boxes before 10:00 am on Saturday, everything is fine.

If you get up a little late and the clock is already past 10:00 am, or you are

forced to re-boot one of the boxes after 10:00 the Scan starts immediately.

And of course again at 11:00 am. o_O

Regards
    Theo

3. boris79

OK, maybe I have find solutions. First I notice that I have problems with win installers and some programs on my computer to start correctly.

After some investigation I find that there is a problem with permissions in temp folder!!! I'm administrator on may computer but I'm not allowed to instal or run some programs. If I go to change permissions and allow full control to everyone then problem is solved but schedule scan or any scan never finishes!!!

Then I totally delete temp folder and all files (all files!!!)...you must to stop some services and etc. After that, create new temp folder on same place, then scan computer again with no problem, but...

When I do in-depth scan for the first time NOD didn't find anything...sec time hi find 3 threads in recycle been from temp folder!!!

I want to scan my computer again after that and to see results...:ninja:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  4. boris79

I resolved my problem with win installer. I must take ownership of my temp folder. I think that NOD32 also have some problems with this, because when I scanned my computer for 2nd time he show me 11 viruses. Some of these are files from the apps that before I can't start.

I will investigate my schedule scan again tonight.

Best Regards.

5. SweX

SweX Registered Member

It's possible that the threat DB has updated hence why NOD detected those 11 threats later on.

Though what are those apps that you couldn't start? Are you sure they are clean and OK to use? And what are the detection names from NOD32?

Maybe you could post some info from your quarantine log?

6. boris79

No, I think that decidedly problem is in temp folder, and when I'm loose ownership on this folder, NOD32AV isn't in possibility to finish scans (custom or scheduled)...

Later when I try to delete temp folder and then to create new one, custom - in-depth scan of all folders shows nothing...but after 1 hour when he finished I start again same scan with same settings they find 11 threats. And all apps I think need this ownership on temp folder (Nokia Suite, Chess Master, etc...) and these are some .dll files.

NOD32AV then put these files in quarantine but shows nothing in Log files - Detected threats.

Then, I restore all files from quarantine, take ownership om my temp folder...scan again 2 times in a row with same settings and NOD32AV shows me nothing, but he finished scan correctly.

Best Regards. :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.