NOD32 v 5.2.15.2 becomes 5.2.15.0

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by rnfolsom, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rnfolsom

rnfolsom Registered Member

On 21 January, for a Windows XPsp3 laptop, from a link --- "ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5 (5.2.15.2)" --- at
    http://www.eset.com/us/download/home/detail/family/2/?installer=offline

I thought I had downloaded an offline installer NOD32 v 5.2.15.2. The downloaded file has 63,332,352 bytes. Today I checked the link from which I had downloaded "5.2.15.2," and the link still contains that version number.

But after I finally found time to install it today (03 February), the "notification area" (aka system tray) says that I have installed v 5.2.15.0.

If anyone can explain that discrepancy, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for any comments, suggestions, or an answer!

Roger Folsom

----------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. My previous installed version was 5.2.9.1, and its offline installer was only 50,730,496 bytes.

Before installing 5.2.15.2 or 5.2.15.0, I followed the directions to uninstall 5.2.9.1. But I am wondering: Both files were 5.2. Was it really necessary to uninstall 5.2.9.1? One consequence, in addition to having to re-select my settings, is that the signature updates --- a very large quantity, although I don't remember the numbers, so large that the update has failed three times. That could be an internet problem, but could it be that my 5.2.15.0 is somehow corrupted?

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

The English installer 5.2 is version 5.2.15.0. There's a typo on the download page which says it's 5.2.15.2. However, since the last number represents only a language build, you can basically disregard it. Did you have some issues with v6 as you want to install the older v. 5.2 ?

3. rnfolsom

Marcos:

Thanks for the information that in Eset's 5.2.15.2 offline download link, the final .2 was a typo.

And my signature installations, which failed several times last night, came in today with no problems.

Roger Folsom

4. rnfolsom

Marcos:

My apologies. My previous reply was incomplete; I forgot to answer you last question. So here's the answer: I have NOT tried NOD32 v6 (and hence I have not had any issues with it <grin>), simply because I am very risk averse: For any software, before updating to a new version, I wait for several updates. And for Eset I also have the advantage of checking on Wilders for any complaints before upgrading to a new version.

Also, in this case, I was very late in moving from NOD32 v4.2.71.2 to NOD32 v5.2.9.1 (now v5.2.15.0), and switching from one version to another is a time sink, and I have some major projects that don't leave me time to learn about and install NOD32 v6.

Roger Folsom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.