kerio 2.1.5 with winxp sp2

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by incursari, May 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incursari

incursari Registered Member

How was kerio2.1.5 with winxp service pack 2 ? Does anybody encounter any problem?

2. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

It works fine on xp sp2(all releases) currently, I use it along with ICF as I'm also testing the new ICF in each version. Be fore warned, its much harder to actually disable the firewall than it seems, if you don't disable the approapriate services alg.exe still redirects ftp traffic causing problems with other firewalls even when ICF, and ICS are not enabled.

3. incursari

Thanks blitzen for the info. BTW what alg.exe really doing?

4. BlitzenZeus

BlitzenZeus Security Expert

Its used to redirect ftp, and internet connection sharing traffic. It invisibly redirects traffic so when its enabled you must enable the gateway mode as Kerio 2x will block packets to non-listening ports, and port redirection is mostly to non-listening ports.

5. incursari

Thanks again Blitzen. Anyway i've used ur rulesets and it works fine till now. And i hav created a rule to allow any communication..inbound and outbound from my computer to my router. Is tat ok?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.