Unofficial Bitdefender Products support Thread

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by VectorFool, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

Hi guys
    since the official Bitdefender forums are on "Perpetually Silent" mode and the threads there rarely get answered,:(
    i think it would be a good idea for us BD users to set up an unofficial BD Support Thread

just post your queries and problems you are having related to your BD products
    and wait for other BD users to help you out :)

2. VectorFool

Here goes my problem, feel free to post your own problem

Product Name : Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2013

Nature of Problem :
    I just installed Bitdefender AV 2013 on my PC today and am running a full system scan. My C:\ drive partition is 46 GB in size and of it 19 GB was free (before installing BDAV).
    The total HDD size is 465GB so the scan is taking a while (which i don't mind)
    The problem is now my C:\ drive is showing the free space is 6GB!(previously 19GB) and the free space is decreasing every 15 minutes.
    Is BDAV creating temp files while running a system scan?
    is the actual free space restored after the conclusion of the System Scan?

3. Sadeghi85

Sadeghi85 Registered Member

Use this tool to see what's "eating" disk space. -http://www.jam-software.com/treesize_free/

4. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

It could be that it's caching files, in order not to scan them again.

5. VectorFool

After the scan completed (full 3 hours later) the space was restored
    i don't think its the whitelist cache,
    rather it was extracting all the files i've had in archives (.RAR, .ZIP, .ISO) into the Temp Folder and was scanning them after extraction.
    during the scan, my Disk space in C;\ drive dropped to 8 Bytes for a full 30 minutes

now the free space is back to 19GBs

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

well if it's back it's good

and it's a really good idea to create such a thread because their product is great but their forums in its entirety are useless noone ever replies there

here is an example:

I posted on the 17th of November and still waiting for a reply:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=36602&pid=165406&st=0&#entry165406

Someone please help, whenever I choose the Facebook activation mode to enable Facebook protection I see a circle loading thinking great, now it will be activated, but then it says cannot be activated.

This happens everytime I install BIS and it never got resolved despite running the latest version

7. the mul

the mul Registered Member

I have to agree, bitdefender support on there forum for the home user is shocking but it seems to be ok if your a business user, I wonder why.

They talk about 24hr support on live chat, so why not spend some of the support time on the forums as well.

8. berryracer

I fixed the issue myself!

1- Login to your facbeook

2- Search for SafeGo

3- Go to the app page, then look in the left side, there will be some security related notifications, click on them, fix them in your Facbeook Account

4- Now try to activate the Facbeook Activation again it will work :)

9. VectorFool

Is it possible to deactivate my existing Bitdefender AV 2013 so that i can use the remaining amount of validity on a later date?

@BerryRacer
    thanks for sharing the workaround
    i tried it myself and it works :)

@themul
    trying BD Live support

Update
    Live support is good
    but they haven't offered me a definitive solution yet, waiting for further response

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Well now at least you know that BD really does a super detailed extensive full scan. :D

11. VectorFool

Yep, it must have some archive extractor modules, Nice
    funny thing is Emsisoft never bothered to check inside .iso and multi layered .Rars , maybe they have an upper limit on Archive File Size and Recursion Depth.

Heck BD checked a 20GB .iso which was broken into 30 .rar archives :D

12. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Hi Vectorfool,

I did use bitdefender for a few weeks but had some issues with opening PDF files and slow boot times and even with help from live chat it did not fix the issues plus they have never got back to me by email as they said they would.

It might have very good detection but customer service and support has to be good as well.

13. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

I get a message 'Bitdefender installation has failed' whenever trying to install any BitDefender product.

I can install anything but BitDefender fine which seems strange.

I've already tried running the un-install tool for BD 2013 and disabling windows defender + firewall before installation and the error message still occurs.

14. berryracer

that happens to me when it asks if I want to download updates during the installation.

You must select NO and get their full offline installer from here >>> http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=35494

15. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

Thanks Berry. That worked perfectly.

BitDefender needs to stop making people jump through hoops to install their software.

Posted the response on their forums as it looks like a lot of people are having the same problem.

16. berryracer

Glad I could help dude.

It's a shame they have such a great product but their support sucks and this download updates prior to installation is so buggy they need to stop this crap

17. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Well that's the trend nowadays.

Software installers used to be offline installers: only after the program had been properly initialized for the first time would it begin to update. Then the clients started complaining about those big red X, e.g. "warning: database is out-of-date", "your computer is at risk: a full scan has never been performed", etc. which made a pretty bad impression at first glance. To solve this software publishers started bundling every tasks possible from update check to vunerability scan into the installation process. That's why now antivirus programs might take a bit longer to install but once they've been properly set up, the first thing users see will be some assuring green notifications like "your computer is protected", "no issue found", etc. which makes a much better impression IMO.

18. berryracer

sounds very good...only thing is...they need to make it download the updates properly :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.