PB&R encounters I/O error on HDD

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by rebell1952, Dec 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebell1952

rebell1952 Registered Member

When PB&R 12 Free is started and a wizard is selected a dialog box comes up saying "I/O error on hard disk drive 0 has occurred. What would you like to do?" I can force the action by selecting "Ignore all errors" but I never encountered this error in the past. Running CHKDSK /f /r returns no bad sectors found. No other program is reporting an I/O error with the hard drive. Could this have something to do with dual booting Windows 7 and 8? I recently reconfigured the hard drive in question and I have had some problems getting Windows 8 to boot, but that appears to have been resolved.

2. Paragon_Matt

Paragon_Matt Paragon Moderator

If you are running into this issue please make sure no locally attached devices were removed prior to running the operation, if that is not the case than you potentially have a failing drive, I would strongly recommend checking with the drive manufacturer to test for bad sectors and repair them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.