it's true? eset took 13%? :(

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by dacdacdac, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dacdacdac

dacdacdac Registered Member

in antivirus competition 2012

-http://www.anti-malware.ru/malware_treatment_test_2012-

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2012
  2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

Just some thoughts, dacdacdac

I chose Eset due to recommendations from my friends. And has been content by my choice. And so far, has Eset caught any pieces of malware I've come across, through my browsing and use of usb keys. You see, I use usb keys a lot due to my studies. Personally, I would not rely too much on Av testing. (if any at all). That is maybe a little too harsh a statement, because I do follow a few testing organisations such as, Av comparatives and Av test. And what I look at is, consistency/stability in detection of malware and how the Average slow-down of the computer is. (due to gaming). My personal opinion is that if you rely too much on what different test are showing, you will only end up with, seeing yourself switching Av vendor every other month, thinking that the grass is always greener on the other side . It takes time to learn the full capability of your chosen Av.

Kind Regards, Janus.

3. encus

encus Registered Member

Well said, Janus! :thumb:

4. woomera

woomera Registered Member

maybe im wrong but this is the first time i see this testing website and im shocked that a russian website has done the test and the top 2 of the list are RUSSIAN AV's !
    and another odd thing, Comodo found only 4% ? hilarious, if anything, comodo always been criticized for finding TOO many, by that i mean FP's. lol
    avira only 25%?

im beginning to feel this website took the list from famous testing sites and put it in reverse except putting KAV and dr.web top... ?

5. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

It is not a question of finding; it is not a detection test, but a test of how well it removes active malware.

6. encus

encus Registered Member

The best thing for me is to test it by myself how well it does the job.

7. Ego_Dekker

Ego_Dekker Registered Member

http://www.anti-malware-test.com/test-results/Active_Malware_Treatment_Test_2012

8. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Congratulations to ESET for winning the suckster award! You want be able to remove tracking cookies before its over with. Eset's infection removal capability has been below average in most test for years now. Luckily I use Appguard so I don't get infected to begin with. I hope V6 shows huge improvements in infection removal! Hey, good job Microsoft Security Essentials! That's pretty good for a free AV!

9. Niels

Niels Registered Member

If I understand correctly the test methodology :all components of an infection should be deleted before a security product succeed in curing an infection . I mean also registry leftovers. For me personally registry leftovers aren't a big issue, in consideration that it will not revive the infection. What I wanted to know is what part of an infection ESET wasn't able to remove. I mean was it a really important file (able to restore the infection). But it's true that ESET doesn't remove all the leftovers.

10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

ESET does not detect harmless components, such as configuration files that contain just some binary junk and pose no risk at all. In another cleaning test performed by a prestigious testing organization where ESET has an oportunity to comment and review the results with the tester and which is being discussed in another thread, ESET ranked reasonably high.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.