Virus Signature Database Update Fails

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by usservicesllc, Sep 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. usservicesllc

usservicesllc Registered Member

I cannot access the kb.eset.com links to try and resolve this issue or go to this site directly. I can access all other website successfully.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Re: Virus Signature Database Update Failes

We are aware of the issue and it's being looked at. We apologize for the inconvenience.

3. usservicesllc

Thanks for the quick response. Is this issue effecting the virus signature database update downloads? I thought I was going crazy for a while there. :D

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Sorry, I referred to the issue with kb.eset.com. As for the issue with virus signatures update, make sure the update server is set to "Choose automatically" (in ESS v5 it cannot be changed but if you're using an older version it might point to a different one). If that's not the case, enable diagnostic logging in the main setup (F5) -> Tools -> Log files and set the minimum logging verbosity to "Diagnostic". Then run update manually. Next, navigate to Tools -> Log files and select "Events" from the drop-down menu and copy / paste the relevant records here.

5. usservicesllc

9/25/2012 12:01:13 PM Update module Updater: retval = 0x1204, failures: 12 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

9/25/2012 12:01:13 PM Update module Updater: Switch DEVEL modules retval = 0x00005007 [NOT NEED] NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

6. usservicesllc

I had to restore my Windows XP computer to a previous restore point. I installed a Netgear WNA3100 wireless adapter using the 2.0 version of the setup software after installing the ESET Smart Security 5 product and when it asked me to select the network security for the new network card I received the blue screen error. I was never able to get Smart Security installed successfully from that point on. Once I restored Windows to the point before I installed the ESET Smart Security software and the Netgear wireless adapter I was able to reinstall the both of them successfully. Keep in mind I had to install the Netgear WNA3100 adapter using the previous version of the software driver. The 2.0 version would still not work. The Smart Security virus signature update began to work properly as well.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.