Puran Utilities

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sm1, Sep 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

A set of more than 20 software utilities including but not limited to utilities that can help you get the best performance out of your computer. It also provides an automatic and a one click solution to keep your computer clean and error free.

Below is the short description of each utility -

Disk Check

Helps you to fix errors, recover bad sectors on your hard disk using chkdsk.

Uninstaller

Helps you to uninstall software that you do not need and also software that you are not able to uninstall otherwise.

Puran Startup Manager

Helps you to enable/disable Windows startup items. It assists your decision in various forms.

Puran Service Manager

Helps you to enable/disable Windows services. It assists your decision in various forms.

Puran Disk Cleaner

Helps you to find and delete junk files from your computer. It is highly customizable too.

Puran Delete Empty Folders

Helps you to delete empty folders from your system. It is extremely fast.

Fix Shortcuts

Helps you to automatically fix or delete broken shortcuts.

Puran Registry Cleaner

Helps you to clean Windows registry for better performance.

Puran Registry Defrag

Helps you to defrag and compact Windows registry for better performance.

Puran Defrag

Helps you to automatically defrag and optimize your hard disk drives.

Puran Duplicate File Finder

Helps you to find duplicate files on your computer. It is highly customizable and extremely fast.

Data Recovery

Helps you to recover data from your damaged media like scratched DVDs, VCDs, BLU Rays etc.

Disk Files

Helps you to look into details of files distribution on your computer. It is highly customizable.

Gaming PC

Helps you to create a Gaming Environment on your PC to give your games/apps best of your computer.

Permanent Delete

Helps you to delete your files permanently so that they cannot be recovered by any software.

Puran Wipe Disk

Helps you to wipe entire disk or just free space so that no files on it can be recovered.

Puran Shutdown Timer

Helps you to schedule various shutdown tasks. Many scheduling options are available.

Splitter

Helps you to spilt any file into files of specified size.

Delete History

Helps you to delete history and other data of various applications including web browsers.

Minimal PC

Helps you to close and switch back all the specified services/processes on your computer in a click.

Batch Fix

Helps you to automatically keep your system clean and error free by running selected utilities.

Maintenance Wizard

Helps you to run selected utilities in a pre-defined order for getting best performance out of your computer.

More info:

-http://www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Utilities.html-

Download:

-http://www.puransoftware.com/PuranUtilitiesSetup.exe-

2. OldMX

OldMX Registered Member

Thanks, downloading to test drive'em.

3. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Now we know why Puran Defrag didn't get updated for over a year, they were busy developing this. I am looking forward to reading feedback on this product.

4. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

From 1 defrag tool to 20 tools is a huge jump. Interesting...

5. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

PuranDefrag was great but now we have 20 useless tools. Waste of time to develop such a thing when we have already tons of similar free apps.

Glary Utilities
    Argente Utilities
    Toolwiz Care
    Wise Care
    Advanced SystemCare
    Cloud System Booster
    WinUtilities Free Edition
    Kingsoft PC Doctor
    Ainvo Speed Up
    PC Brother System Care Free
    Comodo System Cleaner

Thank God the standalone version of PD is still available:
    http://majorgeeks.com/Puran_Defrag_Free_Edition_d6360.html

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  6. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Yes. I tried the registry cleaner. It showed 271 errors but I didn't fix it as I was afraid my system might become unstable. I tried the registry defrag. Now KIS 2013 starts faster at boot:)

7. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Liked the option to check digital signatures.

Seems pretty good (first impression).

I'll try to make this portable.

8. rookieman

rookieman Registered Member

Is there still a pro version of the defrag?

9. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

It keeps available in their site [in general: the tools that belongs to 'Puran Utilities' can be download alone also].

I don't like these kind of suites - even security suites... :blink:

Only hotel suites... :cool:

10. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I haven't tried this yet, but form the description on the website it doesn't seem to offer anything that other utility suites don't offer. Do we really need, for example another disk checker which simply uses chkdsk to check for disk errors, or another startup manager that does not offer any suggestions on what startup programs to disable?

11. safeguy

safeguy Registered Member

Based on a quick trial...

The Disk Check, Uninstaller, Startup and Service managers, Delete empty folders, Fix shortcuts tools are basic compared to other programs.

The Disk and Registry cleaners need improvements in the way it presents the results to the user, and perhaps in the algorithm to make it safer to use for most. The Registry defrag tool seems to work fine though.

I haven't tried most of the other tools yet.

P.S. This release of Puran Utilities does not include the Babylon toolbar/adware. Those who wish to use Puran Defrag 7.5 (digitally signed) without having to un-check anything during installation may consider this as an alternative option. (as weird as that may sound)

12. DBone

DBone Registered Member

My test machine is a clean install with only Sandboxie and CCleaner installed. CCleaner found and fixed 43 registry issues, most of which were invalid firewall keys. I installed Puran in Sandboxie and gave the registry cleaner a go, and it found 361 issuses!:eek: This is a clean install, with only 2 pieces of software installed.

Yikes!:oops:

13. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Hahahaha i'll stick with CCleaner. :D

14. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

this is the same for most reg cleaners like jv16 etc... ccleaner seems VERY conservative and this is the reason i recc it to my clients to use i feel confident enough that they will not mess up their system if they follow the instructions i print out and give them.

i use jv16 and its the same way. later i will test this against jv16 and see what the results are, i can say this is a a great free app so far. the cleaner works as it should as long as the right things are checked. have not played with everything on this yet but so far it seems pretty solid especially for a free app.

15. DOSawaits

DOSawaits Registered Member

Now we know why they went "freeware" with the (good) defrag utility, to build a reputation & a user base. Don't be surprised that the final of this "suite" will be shareware.

16. Rules

Rules Registered Member

Yes, i've got my lifetime licence for several years.

Rules.

17. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

I've just installed it.

The registry cleaner found several hundred unneeded registry keys. While I found no obvious false positives (which is highly surprising), it did include empty software keys. Many registry cleaners scan for these, but removing them can very occasionally cause problems, so they are best left alone. There is no way to configure the registry cleaner to skip only empty software keys.

The shortcut fixer works quite well since it can actually scan for and find the new location for invalid shortcuts. I put this to use as when I transferred the programs from my 32 bit Windows install to 64 bit some program shortcuts were incorrectly still pointing to Program Files instead of Program Files (x64).

The shortcut repair allowed me to fix these.

As for the rest of the program there is nothing which makes it stand out from the countless other utility suites.

18. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

im guessing shareware also soon enough..

19. puransoftware

puransoftware Registered Member

Hello Everyone,

This is Vishal Gupta, the author of Puran Utilities.

First of all, thank you for using using Puran Utilities and for your long support to Puran Defrag.

There are few points I would like to make -

1) Puran Utilities is a freeware and there is no plan to make a paid version of it.

2) Although, Puran Utilities looks like any other such tool but a deeper look can make anyone rethink. Such an initial response was expected.

3) For Registry Cleaner, it was one of the first utilities I made and it has been tested on my work PCs for months now and has never given any problem. If you need it to not touch certain section of registry, you can exclude those sections easily. I agree having a backup does make one feel secure but then Windows restore points are for this purpose only if at all needed. Anyways, point taken and I will try to include it in next version.

4) Puran Utilities does not run any background processes/services and hence when it is not running it is as good as not installed on your system. I recommend you to get Puran Utilities all at once instead of downloading individual tools including Puran Defrag.

5) Unlike many others, it is very easy on your system resources. Even old PCs wont cry running it set aside new ones.

6) It is extremely quick, if you have tried it, you must have noticed the crisp.

7) Its Delete Empty Folders and Duplicate File Finder can be consider the fastest.

[noparse]:cool:[/noparse] Has anyone tried Uninstaller's Force Uninstall part? It is probably a unique feature in the way it finds files and registry entries relating to a software.

9) Its Data Recovery, again a unique feature in these kind of software. Dont confuse it with File Recovery.

10) Its Shutdown Timer is probably the most flexible free shutdown timer available.

11) Delete History is extremely flexible, it even offers you add your own apps in it. Probably, some of you can help the community by making new app lists.

12) Not the least, the Maintenance Wizard. An exclusive feature that will guide less technical users to optimize their computer in a best possible manner. Did anyone try it?

13) Batch Fix, that provides one click cleaning. It also provide scheduling of tasks which many others do not provide.

14) The Gaming PC, one of its kind. Minimal PC, I call it Gaming PC's brother only.

15) The entire software is full of uniqueness, it is just that you need to try it once without thinking about others already available.

16) I know Puran Utilities is not perfect but I will try to take it as near perfect as possible. All I need is the support of you all.

Thank you :)

20. puransoftware

and after saying all above I still cant stop typing more ;) Puran Utilities has the cleanest interface at least in my opinion. Yes, this is it. I wont type more :D

21. AlexC

AlexC Registered Member

Hello and thank you for joining the forum :thumb:

Is there gonna be a official portable version for Puran Utilities?

It would surely be very useful being able to carry this software in a USB stick.

Thanks

22. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

This would be very cool indeed! :thumb:

23. puransoftware

No plans for portable version yet but thanks for the suggestion. Keep them coming.

24. PaulBB

PaulBB Registered Member

Great to see you here in the forums but I have some questions for you:

- Why there's no visible link on your website to Puran Defrag?
    - From what I can see you own:

Mediacope.com
    Puzzlegamespack.com
    Vsevensoft.com
    Vcsoftwares.com
    Spgsoft.com
    ...and others...

and every application listed and developed on your websites from above is bundled with Relevant Knowledge spyware, Babylon Toolbar adware etc... I don't want to be rude but do you realize that this is a security and privacy oriented forum? Puran Utilities is going to be bundled also with adware in the future?

Thank you.

25. puransoftware

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your comments.

Puran Defrag is now a part of Puran Utilities and Puran Utilities is the new major product. Check http://www.puransoftware.com/Puran-Utilities.html and you will find a clear link to Puran Defrag there.

It looks like you are spying on me ;)

Anyways, Puran Defrag has been in the market for 5 years now and bundling doesn't mean end user have to install bundled software. There is clearly an option to opt out. So, I guess I have lot to my credits for any user to doubt me.

I keep Puran Software completely separate from my other work and dedicate most of my time to it.

For Relevant Knowledge, no it is not a spyware but it has been promoted such. It is from comScore, a NASDAQ listed company. NASDAQ:SCOR

I keep it installed on my computer just so I know the experience and will keep it installed till I am bundling it with my other software.

All users can opt out of it and install software only, without a problem.

Now, please let me know if you have any questions regarding Puran Utilities as I am here for that only.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.