Norton discounts

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ComputerSaysNo, Aug 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rainbow1112

rainbow1112 Registered Member

Just a question.

They key don't activate on the day we buy it? unless we enter into the program right? so we can buy a couple of key and keep until we activate them?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. Vladimyr

Vladimyr Registered Member

What does "3 household PCs" mean exactly?

3. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

4. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

From my experience,that is correct.

5. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

cool discounts, thx for sharing :)

6. malexous

malexous Registered Member

7. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

they must be getting ready real soon to release all the 2013 version.

but thanks for the info :)

8. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

So, by getting these licence discount, we are not allowed to get the 2013 edition upgrade?
    o_O

9. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

yup you sure can.

10. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

Wow thanks! Was just about to get a 22.xx copy from amazon on digital download to have a key for 2013 on the cheap. Awesome.

11. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

My norton account shows it but says 'activated:no'. From this it's still fresh and ready to go.

12. Hezakiah

Hezakiah Registered Member

Where is that Norton 360 for $13.99? At Norton's website it's $19.99.

13. Hezakiah

NM, I ended up getting it for $19.99, which is still a good price.

14. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi Hezakiah :)

Still a good price. For future reference, when you click buy on the site

http://us.norton.com/ps/loem/nss_adobe_us_en_3up_navnisn360_07575.html

and it shows you your cart, right under the product is a line that says "Got a referrer or coupon code?" and if you click that, it opens a small box to input the code, in this case 30CPNPALN360, and it will then show 13.99. It took me awhile to figure it out, or see it, but it works fine.

It is a great deal either way for up to 3 pc's. I did not commit to buying yet, I did download the free 30 day trial of 360. I will see how it runs and performs.

Thanks guys for the info. :)

15. Hezakiah

Thanks Jim, yeah I guess I just didn't notice that for some reason. Thankfully the price I paid was really good though.

16. I'm not listed in their countries tab, can I still order?

17. King Grub

King Grub Registered Member

Nope, not unless you make up a fake address. :p Actually, that probably wouldn't work either, since it wouldn't match your credit card details.

18. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

That's awesome. :D

19. iwod

iwod Registered Member

I have long not followed on the latest AV news.... my last remembrance of Prevx was that it is a Firewall, and Application White list or something similar.

Now it has its own AV Engine in house :eek:

20. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I think you've posted in the wrong thread.:D

21. fax

fax Registered Member

Interesting, I can't recall Prevx been ever a firewall. Started as advanced behaviour blocker (antimalware /antivirus) then moved to more automatic intelligence. But firewall? Uuuhm... o_O

Yes, indeed wrong thread... LOL

22. SIR****TMG

SIR****TMG Registered Member

Good Buy Indeed

23. sportsfan7700

sportsfan7700 Registered Member

Fort Worth, Texas USA "Where the West Begins"
    Does 360 have anything that would excite me? NIS has been very good in the past.

24. Jim1cor13

Jim1cor13 Registered Member

Hi sportsfan :)

i downloaded a trial of N360 last night, and I am currently using it. It took me about 30 - 45 minutes to make my way around the settings and tweaking a few things such as the 'smart firewall', etc. I will not go into all the details as of yet, but I will say this...it is an understatement to say Symantec has improved. They certainly have improved, and offer a quite capable security app. It is really very little to no impact on system performance on my Dell laptop with Win7 installed by me, could use better admin features to deal with the features, as I like to make my own decisions and you can, but it basically does most of the handling without user intervention, which is fine for most. So far, I am impressed, and may actually purchase this using the discount code so kindly given in this thread...13.99 for up to 3 pc's using the link given. That is hard to resist and so far, I am liking it.

I have not used norton products for years because of all the problems I used to have to deal with them and repair, but these latest offerings show they have compiled some pretty effective suites. I have yet to try the NIS 2012, I may do that before deciding, but so far, 360 does what it says, and with very well managed resource usage along with some basic but decent system utilities such as disk optimizing, file clean up, etc. Within the product there is performance monitor that offers a look at resource usage, CPU usage is really managed well according to the internal reporting, very steady with few if any 'peaks' in normal use.

I will add more as I go along. There is room for improvements, but norton is not the bloated code it once was, and it is so far pretty easy on the system, little to no impact on performance, and it works so far. I personally would like a little more control, but that is just me. Installed, 360 uses about 350 - 400MB which is a far cry from the likes of BD, KIS, etc., and offers good protection with better performance. As far as I can tell, no sandbox feature, but they utilize cloud scanning by default, and "pulse updates", that are in the 'cloud' and are updated as often as every 5 minutes in addition to regular live updates of signatures. Live update is supposed to check every hour as long as one has a connection, but it does not appear to actually check every hour...or it simply does not report until there is an actual update. Also, I cannot find any way to access the options within Live update, so they do limit some settings to the product only.

It is so far well behaved once one takes the time to tweak the settings in regards to scheduled tasks, firewall behavior, etc. Overall...good performance and this is not the "old" style norton in any sense of the word, which I will give them credit for improving. Well done interface also.

Just my thoughts so far. :)

Jim

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.