Prevx 3.0 license to WSA license

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by sdpaul, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdpaul

sdpaul Registered Member

Is there an automated way to convert a new Prevx license to equivalent WSA license? I have three unused licenses that I would like to convert.
    Thanks

2. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Not automatically, but if you write into the Webroot support inbox, they should be able to help you out :)

3. jumborex

jumborex Registered Member

I'm interested myself in this topic, but unfortunately I don't know what Webroot support inbox is. :oops: May you be more specific? Thank you.

4. fax

fax Registered Member

5. horseman

horseman Registered Member

Just tried that and despite explaining how I wanted to migrate my 6 licenses to Webroot before they expired next year all I got was a canned response:

Webroot Support (Aug 30, 2012 12:31)RE:prevx (greater than) Webroot License conversion
    Hello,

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. For inquiries about Prevx software or subscriptions, please refer to Prevx Support directly at the web address below.

http://info.prevx.com/service.asp

Thank you,

The Webroot Support Team

Seems the years of superlative support by Joe/Prevx are unlikely to be reciprocated /continued by Webroot when they apparently don't even read the question let alone understand it!

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I seriously doubt that. I am sure Joe or TH will be along soon to help you recitify the issue. Have a little faith in them.

7. horseman

Cheers - but I've been around a while longer than your goodself and Joe et al have continually and consistently re-affirmed my faith over many years!
    It's that rare quality of support that keeps me as a loyal customer and extends recommendations to all my contacts.

However my first exposure to WebRot support with far simpler question than those I often posed to Prevx support in the past and it's an epic fail! :(
    Not exactly a reassuring first impression!

8. PrevxHelp

Can you send me your email address? This is an error. We have a large number of support staff and I suspect there was just some miscommunication.

Thanks!

9. horseman

PM'd you and I'm sure it was just unlucky "teething" problems! ;)
    Once again many thanks for salvaging the situation...

10. horseman

Despite his heavy agenda I can confirm the Chief Dentist has solved WSA's minor "teething problem with licensing"! (at least for me).
    ;)
    I'll play with migrating remainder of my PX3 seats to WSA and using new WSA management console during next few months - thanks again.

11. jlummel

jlummel Registered Member

I just today (Friday, 5-Oct-2012) submitted a similar license change request via the WSA link in the earlier message and got the exact same response about it being Prevx support's problem.

So it looks like it may NOT be handled!

Can someone CLEARLY list the step(s) needed to change a Prevx 3.0 license to a WSA license, and the step(s) to take should that not work?

Thanks,

James

12. PrevxHelp

I've sent you a PM - the process is still somewhat clunky because it isn't able to be automated yet.

Thanks!

13. jlummel

jlummel Registered Member

I got the key, thanks for the quick support!

James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.