Question re Update

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by BengalBob, May 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BengalBob

BengalBob Registered Member

I'm running ver1.3. The main screen says 'Spyware database loaded 4/7/04. 2817 items in data base.' I click update and it goes through the process and says download complete and successful. But when I go back status screen it still says data base loaded 4/7/04 with 2817 items loaded in data base. Should this stay the same or be altered? I've read threads that the data base should have over 2900 items. Any suggestions? tia Richard
    fyi When downloading update, I quit all security programs. ie: za, avg etc.

Last edited: May 19, 2004
  2. MCT

MCT Registered Member

try 2 manually download the update

to do so: click the link in my signature "Spyware Blaster Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks"

good luck :D

3. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Just for reference, this is mine,

5/18/04

2942 items in database

snowbound

4. ssgtmax

ssgtmax Registered Member

Same-same here.... :D

5. BengalBob

I appreciate all who posts to tell me what it should be. But my problem still exists. Even though sb3.1 says download successful, it still reads my original install date 4/7/04 w/2817 items in database. I've tried everything. I deleted w/add/remove. Deleted w/sb uninstall. Went thru register and deleted any instances of spywareblaster. Reinstalled and it still says 4/7/04 on the statis page of sb. Does anyone have any idea where this info is stored? tia Richard

6. BengalBob

For anyone who might be experiencing the same problem, I finally got the update to work. Opened sb>udpates>options>Use Alternative Download Method. Finally accepted update. 5/18/04 2942 items.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.