GeekUninstaller 1.0.0.2

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by NICK ADSL UK, May 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NICK ADSL UK

NICK ADSL UK Administrator

Compatible with Windows 7/8/XP/Vista/2003/2008
    Requires administrator permissions
    PAD file

Version History:

1.0.0.2 [10 May 2012] - fixed small issues in removing traces, program list drawing fix
    1.0.0.1 [1 May 2012] - initial version

http://www.geekuninstaller.com/download

2. majoMo

majoMo Registered Member

Humm...

With first version was: "Version valid until 6.2012".
    Now is: "Version valid until 1 Sept 2012, new versions will appear much earlier".

When I set PC'date to after Sept. a warnings comes out when trying run this uninstaller: "This version of GeekUninstaller is expired. Press OK to visit our website and download a newer and better version!". And the browser is opened in their Home Page.

A new auto-update trick...

Uff...

3. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

I still really like this uninstaller. FWIW, the download site indicates "there's no auto-check for a new version yet", which would certainly imply that one will be incorporated into the program at some point. This program has found stuff on two PCs that CCleaner, Revo, and IObit did not find (so, off to a good start at least).

4. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I know one developer that did that before. His reasoning is he doesn't want to receive bug reports that are already fixed in the latest version. Many people doesn't want to update, with that, they will be forced to update and have a more stable version. I don't see any bad thing about that.

5. abu shofwan

abu shofwan Registered Member

6. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

GeekUninstaller 1.0.1.3 Released (May 27, 2012)

Version History:

1.0.1.3 [27 May 2012] - Publisher column (optional, do a right click on the list header), new about dialog, minor scanning improvements
    1.0.0.2 [10 May 2012] - fixed small issues in removing traces, program list drawing fix
    1.0.0.1 [1 May 2012] - initial version

http://www.geekuninstaller.com/download

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.