Spybot s+d teatimer

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by ellison64, May 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

On a few occasions ive updated spybot to the next release.I uninstalled previous version ,deleted the spybot programe folder and used various registry cleaners such as regseeker , regcleaner and easycleaner to remove the remnants of spybot.However when installing a new version and enabling resident protection (teatimer.exe) i notice that all previous teatimer logs show up.So my question is where does spybot keep these logs and why dont they get erased when performing uninstallation and registry cleaning?
    tia
    ellison

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I just updated to Spybot S&D 1.3 an hour or so ago using the full uninstall and registry clean out method myself and missed an area which I believe ultimately resulted in it still having old cleaned item backups available. So, I went looking and found it has been using an area here (at least on XP):

x:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy

Now I don't use TT so I don't know if that's also stored there, but it's another area the program uses in case you never saw it before.

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Thanks LowWaterMark...it is as you said in application data folder.I see the resident.log there which resets it upon deletion.
    Thanks again
    ellison

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

On Windows 98 SE folks might look here:

C:\WINDOWS\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.