anyone seen / use the new auslogics defrag pro

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by zfactor, Feb 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

WOW what a change. not sure if anyone has used this yet but im using it and impressed by their changes. the 2 things so far and i just started using it today i dont like so far are the stupid splash screen (imo) and the huge amount of drive info at the bottom of the screen that you cant seem to shrink down unless im missing how to do that. when i shrink the main window to make it smaller it leaves all the info shown and shrinks the drive layout instead.

(unless im just a noob to auslogics but i dont remember any of this last time i used it) memory usage is a bit high but really not bad and i love the no running procc's unless you set up a schedule to run. it has an auto defrag now and many other options im playing with. though i cant help but feel like the whole program reminds me of another defragger i cant put my finger on yet. it doesnt have nearly the options of some others like perfectdisk or ultimate defrag but a lot more than most and with no running procc's unlike perfectdisk for me thats a plus. i was a long time pd user and finally gave up with version 12.5 especially after i just bought version 12 and they made me pay again for another upgrade to version 12.5 which all they really did was add back in the temp file cleaner disk cleanup stuff back in which they removed in the first place from version 11.

otherwise its really nice and VERY fast and has BOOT TIME!! while this is still not available in the free version yet (i hope they will add it to the free one) i always liked auslogics but it lacked boot time and always seems very slow.

http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag-pro/#comparison shows the differences between free and pro. pro does cost 30$ for the year but im hoping to find some kind of discount codes or other email discounts etc. really liking the pro version. this may be old news to most but i had not noticed the changes till today when i got a email from them to try the newest version out. just thought i would share some comments. i may find more issues as i test it out more and if i do ill report those later.

2. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

Very different, looks good, but I don't know how it's actually performing, it does include some kind of SSD optimizing I noticed, but I'm very sceptical to that kind of stuff...
    I could use it on my data disk but seems a little overkill for only defrag and consolidate pictures, videos and big files.

3. zfactor

4. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

What i really like is the wizard it helps you to choose the best optimization method.

5. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

Nice deals, grabbed it :p
    I don't dare touching the SSD though, not necessary whatsoever as far as I know. Got a couple of laptops to play around with it on though :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  6. Spruce

Spruce Registered Member

Consolidating free space on SSD supposedly make some sense, made a profile with free space consolidation without traditional defragmentation, but I don't know, leave it alone for now.

7. reddice

reddice Registered Member

I too use to use PD12 but it is so slow and leaves tons of excess fragments. Services ran in the background. I since switched to the free version of Auslogics but upgraded to the Pro version. It does not run any services which is great. I just want to be able to turn off the splash screen.

8. zfactor

agreed the splash screen is what i really hate

9. zfactor

anyone else test this one out yet looking for other opinions.. just being curious. new small issue is i have found some spelling errors in the gui lol..

10. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

Im using it but dont know what method is best for my gaming partition. I used optimize by access time and im experiencing less lag in Battlefield Play4Free but maybe im just hallucinating.:D

Boot time defrag on my windows partition was very fast maybe it didn't do anything. What really confuses me is the defrag profiles, i dont what to do with it maybe you can set folders to put in higher priority(to put it in the HDDs fast zone) or i dont know.

Also i like the splash screen its cool.:cool:

Update!

I think they are reading this topic :D

4.0.0.40 (09/02/2012)
    added an option "Do not show splash screen"
    changed an issue connected with incorrect calculations of a defragmenation progress
    fixed mistakes in a language file
    now an information panel can be decreased
    fixed minor bugs

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  11. woomera

woomera Registered Member

when you try to download it it doesnt say youre getting the trial and no price tag on the page. hate websites like that, not gonna touch it.
    plus paying for a defragging software?!

12. zfactor

wow VERY nice 2 of the things that really annoyed me are now fixed. i actually just bought it and the only other thing id like to see in settings is a box to turn off auto update check since i only do updates manually i always turn off auto updates except for me av's.

and i wish they had a longer term instead of just a year what im wondering is if this is like a av lic where in a year it runs out or do you just get free updates for that year and do they offer a renewal discount etc i cant find this anywhere and i sent a email a few days ago and have not received a response yet.

13. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I asked a similar licensing question about auslogics boostspeed and the reply was...
    Thank you for your e-mail.

The “subscription” here means “subscription to updates”: after it runs out, you won’t be able to install fresh updates, but the program will remain registered and working – there are no usage limitations.

Im guessing it will be the same for the defragger.The program will work after a year but you wont recieve updates unless you upgrade

14. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

I downloaded trial of the dfragger yesterday ,and while I was at the site signed up for the newsletter in case there was any discounts.Sure enough I had the "thank you for signing up to the newsletter" email .What was wierd though is that in the plain text view of the email it had an extra paragraph with a discount code that I could use for any of thier products at the site with 25% off price...only the code was only valid until 31 may 2011 :eek: .
    Viewing the same email in HTML view ,the discount paragrapgh was missing o_O

15. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I have used the defragger for 2 years now. Best I have found and free. Once a week a Optimized Defrag and I can always tell the difference after doing so.

A very good product.

16. reddice

reddice Registered Member

Finally you can now disable the splash screen. It starts up much faster with the splash screen disabled and it no longer speeds up my fans when opening because of the splash screen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.